Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 installation problem [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 installation problem [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 4 installation problem [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 10:04

Hello there!

First of all, thank you so much for the release of The Sims 4. This is so cool of you to share it with us! Smile

So, here is my little problem. After downloading executing the rar file, I read the installation guide. I noticed that the installation is not the same as it used to be with the Sims 3 and it seemed even easier to me. First I was asked 2 things (Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 and x64) which I did, as it is also mentioned in the installation guide. However, after installing it correctly (I thought that, though), changing the language to French and applying the fix as always, the icon 'The Sims 4 was a bit weird and when I clicked on it, I was asked to find it manually. What I should tell you too is the fact that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 and x 64 were installed too, as it part of the installation of the fix. As a matter of fact, I think these were installed twice! Then I decided to add the Sims 4 file into the exception list of my anti-virus (I do not know if this " C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\" is enough as an exception, though. Maybe shoud I add EVERY sub-folder to be sure? 
Anyway, given the fact it did not work either, I decided to remove everything. I erased everything from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and I the same with the extracted files from the 2 rar files (The Sims 4 fix and The Sims 4). After that, I extracted again the files from The Sims 4.rar and tried again to install the game. However,I do not know if the Microsoft Visual should be also re-installed or not. What do you think? 

Thank you in advance for any support. Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

Cheers! 

Btw, here is a pic of the download strange download manager. It's NORMAL, right? The Sims 4 installation problem [SOLVED] Sims4_12

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 installation problem [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 installation problem [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 13:47

Hi there! Very Happy

If the shortcut for The Sims 4 was broken, then that probably means that your antivirus deleted the TS4.exe in the game installation folder. The exception list works differently from antivirus to antivirus, so that may be enough or you may have to add the subfolders too (or even higher up folders, like Electronic Arts).

And I'm sorry, but you deleted all of the content inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4? This was a VERY bad idea, as you must never do something of the sort in a folder inside Program Files, unless you want to be left with a corrupt installation. Theoretically, the "Repair" (Réparer) button on the Installer should fix this, but if it doesn't, you may need to make a clean uninstall and then install the game again. 

To make a clean uninstall, we suggest you use Your Uninstaller! Pro, that you can get in our downloads website here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html
Select "Super Mode" when you click to uninstall The Sims 4.

After you reinstall, if TS4.exe is deleted again, take a look at my post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18146-sims-4-wont-up#126172
The instructions are more or less the same in your case. 

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 installation problem [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 installation problem [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 15:43

Hello, thanks for your quick answer! Smile While I was waiting for an aswer, I decided to make a few tests. I added every folder to the exception list and guess what, the installation finally worked! I hesitated to edit my original thread but I decided not to modify it in any case I might need a piece of advice. But still, the installation finally worked by adding stuff to the exceptions and deleting the Sims 4 completely before reinstalling it properly. I knew it was a promising reinstallation when I first noticed that the shorcut was not broken and the thumbnail was visible. Then, I applied the fix and loaded the game without any problem. 

So there it is, I 'm finally experiencing the Sims 4 thanks to G4TW!
Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 17:07

djottard wrote:Hello, thanks for your quick answer! Smile While I was waiting for an aswer, I decided to make a few tests. I added every folder to the exception list and guess what, the installation finally worked! I hesitated to edit my original thread but I decided not to modify it in any case I might need a piece of advice. But still, the installation finally worked by adding stuff to the exceptions and deleting the Sims 4 completely before reinstalling it properly. I knew it was a promising reinstallation when I first noticed that the shorcut was not broken and the thumbnail was visible. Then, I applied the fix and loaded the game without any problem. 

So there it is, I 'm finally experiencing the Sims 4 thanks to G4TW!
Thank you.

Well, I'm glad that you were able to solve the issue! Smile

Indeed, the problem was most likely caused by the exception list of the antivirus. I'll close this topic now. If you encounter any other issues, please open a new one. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top