Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 how to connect online. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 how to connect online. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 how to connect online. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Nov 2017, 09:57

I have been playing sims 4 and have been loving the game. The game works well, I would just love to know how to connect online because every time I try to connect it says can not connect and I must try again.

Please help.

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 how to connect online. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 how to connect online. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Nov 2017, 14:19

Online ?
via the genuine Origin account or via ZLOrigin?.
The cracked version cannot be played online

ZLOrigin: Since the latest Windows 10 update (version 1709) I noticed that Windows Defender must be (temporarily) closed.
Even placing files/folders in exceptions won't work now.
Same applies for the cracked version.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 how to connect online. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 how to connect online. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Nov 2017, 14:22

oh its cracked version. but thank you I figured as much I taught there was a way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Nov 2017, 21:13

Hi there,
What does that mean you have to close Windows defender. Even for the cracked version? Does this mean you have to do a complete new installation? Also for ZL Origin and the Game from there?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Nov 2017, 21:37

Loonieloose wrote:Hi there,
What does that mean you have to close Windows defender. Even for the cracked version? Does this mean you have to do a complete new installation? Also for ZL Origin and the Game from there?

Sorry for the belated reply,

The above comment was (presumably) a reference to the situation when you only have Windows Defender installed, and no other antivirus software. The way it works in that case is that Windows Defender under Windows 10 will by default run permanently unless you disable real-time protection, and that needs to be done every computer session. However, the Windows Defender should turn itself off if you have another security program installed and active; I myself have avast for example. The free version is decent enough, but if you look around on the torrent networks maybe you can find a cracked version as well.

Not sure about zlOrigin, but as for the cracked/offline versions of TS4, it should suffice to re-apply the No-Origin files in case you experience problems.

Should you "only" have Windows Defender and no other program, have a look here, maybe it can help you:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

If the procedure doesn't seem to do the trick for you (number #1 in the post works on my Windows 10 Enterprise version though), I suppose you could still consider using a secondary antivirus software. Either way, good luck!

Good job!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Nov 2017, 11:04

Windows Defender comes with a new gadget for prevention of ransomware. (Controlled folder access)
But that's so strict that you cannot even change files yourselves when you have marked some folders.

Be very carefull with placing folders under such control.
When you switch it off you won't have problems with The Sims 4, ZClient aso.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Nov 2017, 14:12

Thanks to the both of you. So it basically means if I want to play either of the two versions I have to switch it off. Fortunately Windows 10 1709 has not yet arrived in these lands. So everything is still okay!

Mod edit: since the OP's issue seems to be resolved as well, I'll close the topic now. Wink

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top