Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Store Content in One Single Torrent - Missing Months

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Full Store Content in One Single Torrent - Missing Months Empty Full Store Content in One Single Torrent - Missing Months

Post by Sim Architect Mon 27 Oct 2014, 21:21

Hello! I would like to know if there was no store content for Dec/2013, June/2014 and July/2014 and if all the content for the other months was completely uploaded to G4TW site already.

I just got a question here about store content, and I remember there is no torrent with the full store from 2009 to 2014... I'd like to know if you would be OK if I upload a torrent with it (as soon I am sure I have everything) and if G4TW would like to seed it as well, so you'd save bandwidth on your main site and things would be much easier for whoever wants to download the whole store with just a few clicks, instead of having to organize everything manually...

Please let me know your thoughts and if there was no store content for those three months, so I can try to upload the new torrent (or you can do it if you prefer, both ways are fine by me, I never uploaded a new torrent before).

Thanks!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Full Store Content in One Single Torrent - Missing Months Empty Re: Full Store Content in One Single Torrent - Missing Months

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Oct 2014, 23:17

SvenT wrote:Hello! I would like to know if there was no store content for Dec/2013, June/2014 and July/2014 and if all the content for the other months was completely uploaded to G4TW site already.

I just got a question here about store content, and I remember there is no torrent with the full store from 2009 to 2014... I'd like to know if you would be OK if I upload a torrent with it (as soon I am sure I have everything) and if G4TW would like to seed it as well, so you'd save bandwidth on your main site and things would be much easier for whoever wants to download the whole store with just a few clicks, instead of having to organize everything manually...

Please let me know your thoughts and if there was no store content for those three months, so I can try to upload the new torrent (or you can do it if you prefer, both ways are fine by me, I never uploaded a new torrent before).

Thanks!

Hey Sven,

Great idea ! Smile  The Admin actually wanted to upload a "complete" store torrent too, at some point. But I think this has been postponed now, due to Sims 4, and many other issues. 

For now, I'd suggest you contact the Admin personally about that, if you want to help create such a torrent. Smile  

//EDIT

As for me personally, I'm already using a torrent from Piratebay (from the uploader "rachelstoolbox") which has all store content until May 2014 included, and even in .package file format too ! As for the other remaining months, I got them on other sources, so now I have all store content (except neighborhoods) in .package format, which is very handy.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Full Store Content in One Single Torrent - Missing Months Empty Re: Full Store Content in One Single Torrent - Missing Months

Post by Sim Architect Wed 29 Oct 2014, 21:12

Carlos wrote:
SvenT wrote:Hello! I would like to know if there was no store content for Dec/2013, June/2014 and July/2014 and if all the content for the other months was completely uploaded to G4TW site already.

Thanks!

Hey Sven,

Great idea ! Smile  The Admin actually wanted to upload a "complete" store torrent too, at some point. But I think this has been postponed now, due to Sims 4, and many other issues. 

For now, I'd suggest you contact the Admin personally about that, if you want to help create such a torrent. Smile  

//EDIT

As for me personally, I'm already using a torrent from Piratebay (from the uploader "rachelstoolbox") which has all store content until May 2014 included, and even in .package file format too ! As for the other remaining months, I got them on other sources, so now I have all store content (except neighborhoods) in .package format, which is very handy.
Thanks, Carlos!

I will look into it! Do you think package files are better than sims3pack ones?

I believe it would be really handy, since Sims 4 is out already, to "finish" The Sims 3 Store with a "mega" torrent containing everything in one torrent. If someone wants to download only part of it they can do so by selecting only the files they want to be downloaded inside of the torrent client (uTorrent has this option, at least).

I thought that maybe Admin or Lady ElDi would let us know their opinion here, but I can also send them a PM if you feel that I should send one Smile

I tried to find the torrent you mentioned (and the user), but I could not... Would you have a link? Thanks!

Keep up the good work, see you!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Nov 2014, 09:37

SvenT wrote:Thanks, Carlos!

I will look into it! Do you think package files are better than sims3pack ones?

I believe it would be really handy, since Sims 4 is out already, to "finish" The Sims 3 Store with a "mega" torrent containing everything in one torrent. If someone wants to download only part of it they can do so by selecting only the files they want to be downloaded inside of the torrent client (uTorrent has this option, at least).

I thought that maybe Admin or Lady ElDi would let us know their opinion here, but I can also send them a PM if you feel that I should send one Smile

I tried to find the torrent you mentioned (and the user), but I could not... Would you have a link? Thanks!

Keep up the good work, see you!

Sorry for the late reply,

For G4TW, I would actually suggest using .sims3packs only. Since converting .sims3packs into .package files is really TONS of work. The torrent I was talking about is this one here:

http://goo.gl/xOllf8

A very nice torrent, in my opinion. But again, for our forum, I would go for .sims3packs. As for the schedule, I don't think it's really pressing to do that right now. Even if The Sims 4 has been released, I think the current solution with the download server should be enough, but an additional mega-torrent is nice, and it will come at some point. 

Or you can make another thread in the Helpers area on it. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 02 Nov 2014, 13:35

We're actually talking about this in the admin area Wink
I've moved this topic to the helpers area, seems more suited here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 02 Nov 2014, 21:48

Thanks, Carlos and Lady ElDi (miss the purple text)! I am here to help any way I can. I wish you are having a nice dead's day!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 09 Nov 2014, 02:03

Hi there,

Indeed, me and Lady ElDi talked, but I got busy. When I get the time, I will upload: The Sims 3 complete collection, Store Updates in .Sims3Package, Store Updates in .Package format.

If you want to create your own torrent though, go ahead! But it might be better to upload it via the Games4theworld account, since it has more "followers", if you know what I mean.

By the way, don't worry about the server's bandwidth, it's "OK" at the moment; we can use 20TB a month, so that's enough for now. Very Happy (The last time I checked on the old server, people downloaded about 8TB worth of data a month)
I'm pretty surprised about the download speed, it's wonderful! I was downloading a full world via TeamViewer on Angel's PC, and it downloaded with a speed of 3.5-4MB/s. That's a great speed if you ask me!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 09 Nov 2014, 02:49

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Indeed, me and Lady ElDi talked, but I got busy. When I get the time, I will upload: The Sims 3 complete collection, Store Updates in .Sims3Package, Store Updates in .Package format.

If you want to create your own torrent though, go ahead! But it might be better to upload it via the Games4theworld account, since it has more "followers", if you know what I mean.

By the way, don't worry about the server's bandwidth, it's "OK" at the moment; we can use 20TB a month, so that's enough for now. Very Happy (The last time I checked on the old server, people downloaded about 8TB worth of data a month)
I'm pretty surprised about the download speed, it's wonderful! I was downloading a full world via TeamViewer on Angel's PC, and it downloaded with a speed of 3.5-4MB/s. That's a great speed if you ask me!
Thanks, Admin! I downloaded some stuff from your site but it would not go faster than 100 or 200 KB/s (even in parallel), that's why I thought you had a server overload (my connection is 200 Mbits/sec down and half of that up). Please let me know what's best for you, I would love to help you and, of course, it would be awesome if you upload it from your account, since it will be more trusted and help more people...

I will look around for stuff that's still missing and I will let you know when I have something together Wink

Have a great evening!

Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Nov 2014, 03:56

(...)

Are you planning on using the .package files from Rachel(stoolbox), or are you/we going to create those .packages ourselves ? Ever tried "converting" .sims3packs into .packages ? Razz  Anyone of you ? Well, I did, and honestly, it's not worth the hassle, as useful as .package files are. I'd suggest to put a complete collection of .sims3packs only. And if people aren't happy with that, we'll just link them to Rachel's release. 

Creating new .package files would be tons of work, for the whole Sims 3 store. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 09 Nov 2014, 04:01

Carlos wrote:

(...)

Are you planning on using the .package files from Rachel(stoolbox), or are you/we going to create those .packages ourselves ? Ever tried "converting" .sims3packs into .packages ? Razz  Anyone of you ? Well, I did, and honestly, it's not worth the hassle, as useful as .package files are. I'd suggest to put a complete collection of .sims3packs only. And if people aren't happy with that, we'll just link them to Rachel's release. 

Creating new .package files would be tons of work, for the whole Sims 3 store. 
Well, I like sims3packs... Any advantage of using packages instead? I usually use CC Magic to merge everything from the Download folder, don't remember if you can do that with packages or if they have to stay the way you put them into the mods folder...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Nov 2014, 04:16

SvenT wrote:Well, I like sims3packs... Any advantage of using packages instead? I usually use CC Magic to merge everything from the Download folder, don't remember if you can do that with packages or if they have to stay the way you put them into the mods folder...

.Packages can (very simply and conveniently) be put into (My) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. And they are installed then.

With .sims3packs, you will either need to go through the hassle of the launcher (which can only install a limited amount of .sims3packs in "one turn" !), or CC Magic. While with CC Magic you can theoretically install all .sims3packs at once, you still have the disadvantages of .sims3packs.

There are always problems with .sims3packs. Beginning from non-appearing items in-game, to the difficult un-installation of .sims3packs. And if .sims3packs refuse to be installed one day, you may need to start over again.

Personally, I use merged .packages for all my CC and store content. I only have .sims3packs for worlds. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 09 Nov 2014, 13:02

I use packages. I once repacked all sims3packs in packages for my own use. Now that my external HD is unavailable I downloaded a complete store in oackages (with the exception of worlds of course).
I prefer packages because even if it goes flawlessly, installing sims3packs is way too much of a hassle to me. CCmagic is fine, but but to me this is the fastest way.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 11 Nov 2014, 02:22

Carlos wrote:
SvenT wrote:Well, I like sims3packs... Any advantage of using packages instead? I usually use CC Magic to merge everything from the Download folder, don't remember if you can do that with packages or if they have to stay the way you put them into the mods folder...

.Packages can (very simply and conveniently) be put into (My) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. And they are installed then.

With .sims3packs, you will either need to go through the hassle of the launcher (which can only install a limited amount of .sims3packs in "one turn" !), or CC Magic. While with CC Magic you can theoretically install all .sims3packs at once, you still have the disadvantages of .sims3packs.

There are always problems with .sims3packs. Beginning from non-appearing items in-game, to the difficult un-installation of .sims3packs. And if .sims3packs refuse to be installed one day, you may need to start over again.

Personally, I use merged .packages for all my CC and store content. I only have .sims3packs for worlds. Smile 
Interesting. I like to use CC Magic, since it packs all sims3packs into a lesser number of large package files, making everything faster and smoother (I don't know how to repackage things manually), so I end up with a similar result to yours, with everything into a few large package files created by CC Magic (and I can always change my profile later to remove "useless" things as clothes and hairs, since I am mostly a builder)...

Lady ElDi wrote:I use packages. I once repacked all sims3packs in packages for my own use. Now that my external HD is unavailable I downloaded a complete store in oackages (with the exception of worlds of course).
I prefer packages because even if it goes flawlessly, installing sims3packs is way too much of a hassle to me. CCmagic is fine, but but to me this is the fastest way.
Yes, that's why I also use CC Magic...

Thanks for the messages, I will look into it when I find some spare time, then I will let you know if I got to put something together.

Have a lovely evening!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 12 Nov 2014, 21:26

Hi all,

Yes, most likely the ones from the Rachel torrent.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Nov 2014, 14:08

Admin wrote:Hi all,

That one has the store items until May 2014 (in .package format) included. As for the others (June, July & August 2014), I have those in .package format too; if you don't have these yet, I can upload them on MediaFire, so that we can provide a full torrent with ALL Sims 3 store items in .package format.

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 17 Nov 2014, 19:18

Carlos wrote:
Admin wrote:Hi all,

That one has the store items until May 2014 (in .package format) included. As for the others (June, July & August 2014), I have those in .package format too; if you don't have these yet, I can upload them on MediaFire, so that we can provide a full torrent with ALL Sims 3 store items in .package format.

The Sims Plumbob 1
It sounds AWESOME! Please let me know if I can help somehow. Do you know any way of mixing all those tiny packages into fewer large packages, so the game runs faster, as CC Magic does with Sims3Pack files?

Have a great week!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top