Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom sims lifespan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom sims lifespan? Empty Custom sims lifespan?

Post by Guest Sat 01 Nov 2014, 16:57

Hey guys.
Do you know if there is any possible way to set custom values for the sims lifespan? The medium one is way too short for me, but the long one is a tad too extreme... Playing teens for like 50 sims days  Oh my...
Thanks !

Back to top Go down

Custom sims lifespan? Empty Re: Custom sims lifespan?

Post by Guest Sat 01 Nov 2014, 17:47

Hi there! Smile

Unfortunately, no. There's no way to set a custom lifespan in The Sims 4, at least for the moment. You would have to choose from the default values that come with the game.

Of course, if you don't mind having mods, I'm sure there must be some mod out there already to set custom lifespans. But as in built-in ones, not yet. Maybe we'll see them in the future, but who knows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Nov 2014, 20:02

Well there's some mod that you can find at Mod The Sims.
The mod I am using, makes a lifespan YA to Adult take about 500 days.
Ty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Nov 2014, 20:12

Yeah I was looking for a mod or something. I thought maybe it could be as easy as the "tips trick" (which doesn't work for me, but anyway..!) and that I could just change a few numbers somewhere   pig

500 days! Wow ! I love following my sims and I have a story for every sim and family (yup.. bit of a weirdo Haters gonna hate) but I don't think I could do 500 days haha !

But it seems that the same guy does some others aging mod I would be interested into..! Thanks !

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Nov 2014, 22:47

Shyria wrote:Yeah I was looking for a mod or something. I thought maybe it could be as easy as the "tips trick" (which doesn't work for me, but anyway..!) and that I could just change a few numbers somewhere   pig

500 days! Wow ! I love following my sims and I have a story for every sim and family (yup.. bit of a weirdo Haters gonna hate) but I don't think I could do 500 days haha !

But it seems that the same guy does some others aging mod I would be interested into..! Thanks !

Why don't you just disable aging in the options menu, and then when you're fed up at some point, turn it back on again, and let the sim age up to the next level ? Smile 

A simple solution that doesn't require any mod, but in the end that's up to you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 00:47

I don't know, I think i want to avoid the fatigue. xD
Why bother to always get to game option, then aply then close options, why ?
I'm getting tired just writing this ZZZZzzzZZZzzzzz  
3 cups of  Tea 2 later, ok I'm back!  Pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Nov 2014, 05:06

ANDREWjkl wrote:I don't know, I think i want to avoid the fatigue. xD
Why bother to always get to game option, then aply then close options, why ?
I'm getting tired just writing this ZZZZzzzZZZzzzzz  
3 cups of  Tea 2 later, ok I'm back!  Pikachu

It's not exactly that you have to change those options "all the time" though. Razz  But yes, as an alternative solution, my suggestion is still valid. And some people might want to avoid having to check all the time, if a mod still works with one of these "micro updates" that EA likes to release, very frequently. 

Two solutions to this aging issue, with different advantages and disadvantages if you wish.

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 05:59

You do have a point, Carlos.
But if is done by the way you said, I think i would'nt be so fair. Let's say that the aging system is off, then you decide to age up your Sim, I think it  would be better if it come by naturally, so you get to see all your Sims/Family grow up, make new friends, new sons and daugthers, to create a lot of connections and have a good life, something that most of us can't get these days, most of time that I have played The Sims, since 2000(maybe, don't remember when I started playing TS1), it was to get a refugee(and to kill some Sims, dragging them to closed room, then taking off the door, or the best one of them, da pool Twisted Evil ) from our troubled life that we have nowadays.
I don't know if you did understand my point, but ty anyway for reading it! 

Tea 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Nov 2014, 08:40

ANDREWjkl wrote:You do have a point, Carlos.
But if is done by the way you said, I think i would'nt be so fair. Let's say that the aging system is off, then you decide to age up your Sim, I think it  would be better if it come by naturally, so you get to see all your Sims/Family grow up, make new friends, new sons and daugthers, to create a lot of connections and have a good life, something that most of us can't get these days, most of time that I have played The Sims, since 2000(maybe, don't remember when I started playing TS1), it was to get a refugee(and to kill some Sims, dragging them to closed room, then taking off the door, or the best one of them, da pool Twisted Evil ) from our troubled life that we have nowadays.
I don't know if you did understand my point, but ty anyway for reading it! 

Tea 5

Yes, if you want realism in Sims, they yes, why not ? Smile  In TS3, I always had aging disabled. I see realism every day (in real-life, lol), so I guess I'm a bit fed up with it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 11:10

Actually I'm already doing something quite similar ; I put the longest lifespan on and I just make a cake when I'm fed up with one of my sim being at one age for too long...
I don't use it often with adult or young adults, but on children it's super useful. Only problem in this flawless plan : All of the little kiddies friends my dear sims made are still children when they reach the middle of the teen stage ! But I guess I COULD use the same method and throw a birthday party for the ones I really want to grow up.... Anyway I'm sure there's tons of tricks, I was just looking for an even easier way to get where I wanted  Razz

I kinda hope EA brings back the custom sliders for the lifespan, so convenient....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Nov 2014, 23:24

Shyria wrote:Actually I'm already doing something quite similar ; I put the longest lifespan on and I just make a cake when I'm fed up with one of my sim being at one age for too long...
I don't use it often with adult or young adults, but on children it's super useful. Only problem in this flawless plan : All of the little kiddies friends my dear sims made are still children when they reach the middle of the teen stage ! But I guess I COULD use the same method and throw a birthday party for the ones I really want to grow up.... Anyway I'm sure there's tons of tricks, I was just looking for an even easier way to get where I wanted  Razz

I kinda hope EA brings back the custom sliders for the lifespan, so convenient....

I may be completely wrong, but I imagine I noticed an option with which you can turn off the aging for sims outside of your household (= "non-played sims")....?  scratch

If there is something like that, you may want to play around with that too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Nov 2014, 21:32

No I think you're right but (sorry if I expressed myself wrong, English isn't my native language!) my problem is the other way around. I want the other sims to grow up with the sims I play with, but as I age my sims with cakes, most of the time, if a baby aged up to a kid exactly the same day as my kid, when I use a cake to turn my kid into a teenager, let's say 40 days after, the other kid will stive have 20days in front of him before growing into a teen himself, so MY now teen won't have a friend of his age before half of his own teen lifestage. Sorry it sounds awfully complicated haha...

(BTW it isn't much of an issue really, I like creating new sims and I can age up the ones I really want to "follow" by switching to them for a minute or thowing them a birthday party..)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top