Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Custom Content CAS Bug(?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Custom Content CAS Bug(?) Empty Sims 4 Custom Content CAS Bug(?)

Post by Guest Tue 08 Sep 2015, 00:26

Hello. My problem is a bit peculiar, as I've not seen anyone post anything similar anywhere (be it for the official game, or the cracked one). A bit of note beforehand: This has been a[n initially insignificant] problem for a long while, but lately it seems to have grown more prominent. For some reason, when certain cc are clicked on in CAS, it causes the thumbnail cards for other items after switching to another category (tops, bottoms, etc), to shift over (to various distances). You can see what I mean in the provided images:
Sims 4 Custom Content CAS Bug(?) Exampl10
Sims 4 Custom Content CAS Bug(?) Exampl12
This either affects them at random, or I'm just not privy to the pattern here. I've troubleshooted the problem to utter death, and it seems to be non-existent when it comes to official content, full-body items seem relatively fine, re-installing doesn't seem to have helped, updating didn't help, clearing any regenerating files hasn't done anything. It seems the problem goes away when I click into a sub-category, but that isn't always convenient, as some items have rather a lot of swatches. I've thought about the possibility of it being related to merged packages, but upon removal of those, I'm not sure they are necessarily the source (maybe just exacerbations), as one other item had the same effect, whilst others seemed to have marginally more small-scale effects. Granted, it's nothing game-breaking or anything like that, but I figured if it could be fixed/avoided (beyond just not using any CC clothing items...or being very very very nit-picky), then why not?

Any ideas? My gratitude in advance.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Custom Content CAS Bug(?) Empty Re: Sims 4 Custom Content CAS Bug(?)

Post by Guest Wed 09 Sep 2015, 20:43

I've had this problem before, i think its caused by having too many mods(that just a guess), try merging your CC and see if that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 00:36

RandomnessInABottle wrote:I've had this problem before, i think its caused by having too many mods(that just a guess), try merging your CC and see if that helps.
Way ahead of you on that front, I'm afraid, as I've tried limiting my package files to ten or so per category, and have been merging cc since the advent of this iteration's package editor. In fact, most of my cc is merged with similar from the same creators, so unfortunately there's no joy there. As for having too many mods, I've thought of that as well, so I tried a few times with only maybe 5 or 6 cc (as well as mods) in, and the problem still occurred, even with regenerating files deleted. I was also convinced it was maybe some bad cc somewhere, but it seems most of the cc I have, cause it to some extent.

Still, thanks for replying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Sep 2015, 12:17

Well, I found a topic regarding the same issue. It deals with the sims4studio and having more than a certain number of swatches (colours, patterns, textures), which causes the game to try and make room for them, causing the aforementioned holes and shifts. I can only surmise that the number of extra swatches might determine just how far everything moves over. The poster went on to actually test the theory, and found that once there are a few packages with over around 25 or so swatches, it tends to cause similar problems. I'll remove some recolours and such, and see what it yields.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 04:40

Alrighty, so for those with similar issues, I haven't managed to find some be-all-end-all solution, but it seems that having a load of extra swatches on any one item (seemingly over 25 or so), [at least in my case] the game tries to make room by shoving other thumb-cards out of the way. The severity depends on both the amount of swatches (extra colours) and the item itself, it seems. Mostly, full outfits don't cause this, but there are exceptions. Also, there are items that seem to cause this even without a significant amount of swatches (the reasoning for that being lost on me...outdated creation techniques, maybe?), so it helps if you have everything set up with a mod manager (there are a few on Modthesims) and sub-folders for every category, as it helps to test bit by bit, and get rid of what you can stand to lose. Zerbu's CC tracker should help as well, just make a generic Sim, put the clothes you want gone onto it, then save it in your library, exit the game, and load up the tracker, point it to your mods folder and your library folder, and it should show what package files correspond to the items on the chosen household. Organisation is key in eliminating future issues, and allowing you to manage the game more efficiently.

I've managed to lessen the problem as a result (can't get rid of it fully without either losing most of my favourite custom content, or just not using any CAS-wise). Hope I helped someone as a result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 16 Sep 2015, 06:17

Hum... I thought this was a feature (I played CAS with no CC at all before, only tried a few swatches, same happened here), and not a bug. Interesting...

No clue, though. Sorry Sad

Please, keep us posted!

flower flower
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:14

Sim Architect wrote:Hum... I thought this was a feature (I played CAS with no CC at all before, only tried a few swatches, same happened here), and not a bug. Interesting...

No clue, though. Sorry Sad

Please, keep us posted!

flower flower
Yeah, see it sometimes happened with CC that were perfectly fine. My only surmisation is that the game just tends to glitch out at times, as it's not even the largest of bugs and f-ery I've come across. The game is just...unstable, or rather: shoddy. Adding any content to it (even "official" content) I guess just compounds and adds on to the problems already present, so things like this are par for the course. It's a nice game if you can ignore the glaring flaws, and with some diligence and a few mods, it's possible to do so. After all, this may not be a "legit" version, but one just has to look at the official forums to find problems the devs themselves need to fix, that we cannot...Origin or no.

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 22:41

Yes this is caused by CC, there's no fix. No really there isn't, it's such a small problem it doesn't fix WhatDidUJustCallMe?
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top