Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't run installation for Sims 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't run installation for Sims 4.  Empty Can't run installation for Sims 4.

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 01:35

I downloaded Sims 4 file using Utorrent. After it finished, I tried to open it in my Downloads file. However, When I try to run the installation by clicking on the 'The_Sims_4_Setup.exe' file, I get a pop up that says the package cannot be opened and I need to verify that it exist and I can access it
 Can't run installation for Sims 4.  Game410
Can't run installation for Sims 4.  Game4211
I also tried to install it by clicking the 'setup.msi' file. It gave me this pop up
Can't run installation for Sims 4.  Game4311

I tried installing them with my anti virus (McAfee)disabled. nothing changed.

Back to top Go down

Can't run installation for Sims 4.  Empty Re: Can't run installation for Sims 4.

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 02:15

Hi there! Very Happy

Sorry, but did you actually extract the RAR file that you got from the torrent? Please do so, and make sure that you do it exclusively with WinRAR and in an empty folder. You can find WinRAR in our downloads website here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down

Can't run installation for Sims 4.  Empty Re: Can't run installation for Sims 4.

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 23:52

It worked ^^
But I used 7zip to extract the files instead. is it ok?
Also. I installed only the sims 4 file but not the ultimate fix. Do I need to install the ultimate fix or is it already included in the sims game file?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 08 Nov 2014, 23:03

jiae wrote:It worked ^^
But I used 7zip to extract the files instead. is it ok?
Also. I installed only the sims 4 file but not the ultimate fix. Do I need to install the ultimate fix or is it already included in the sims game file?

I would recommend to re-extract the stuff with WinRAR again. You might encounter problems, later on. Also, no, the Ultimate fix is NOT included in The Sims 4 release, so you have to download and apply the fix separately.

Wait for an announcement of the Admin; a new Ultimate fix version will be released soon.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 09:07

OK, Is there a way I could do that and still save my family/house/game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 10:52

Yes.
Go to \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and backup your saves folder: copy it to your desktop. You can put it back afterwards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 14:05

when i try to extract it from my downloads folder using Winrar, it says no archives found WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Can't run installation for Sims 4.  Game411

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 15:15

jiae wrote:
when i try to extract it from my downloads folder using Winrar, it says no archives found WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Can't run installation for Sims 4.  Game411

Hi again! Smile

Did you try opening the RAR file, and check if the files are inside? If they are, you could try creating a new folder somewhere and drag and drop the files from the RAR to the folder. See if that works for you. 

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 16:51

Ok, So I've re extracted it using Winrar and my game launched successfully.
After the 'archive not found' message, I had to re-seed the torrent and re-download it. it worked!
I've just applied the ultimate fix (correctly hopefully ><) and Im putting my mods and saved game back into the sims 4 file. I hope it works! >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:25

Please keep us posted about the result!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 00:53

Everything is working well, except I wasnt able to applythe Ultimate Fix successfully. It gave the message that my game was missing data

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 02:35

jiae wrote:Everything is working well, except I wasnt able to applythe Ultimate Fix successfully. It gave the message that my game was missing data

Did you add all of the Mods back after applying the Ultimate Fix? Remember that the Ultimate Fix updated your game now, so some of the Mods may be outdated. Try removing the Mods folder and try again.

If it still gives you the error, you could try downloading the Ultimate Fix again, but with the antivirus turned off. Keep it off while you apply it too, and only turn it back on when you are sure that the game is running fine.

Good luck, and please keep us updated! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top