Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game keeps crashing since ultimate fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game keeps crashing since ultimate fix Empty Game keeps crashing since ultimate fix

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 16:14

So I downloaded and installed ultimate fix as per instructions.  After loading the game the first time, it said that I was trying to play with a household from an earlier version and that I needed to update the game.  I closed Sims 4 and opened again, and now every time I only get to the loading screen before my pc tells me sims4 has stopped working and crashes to the desktop.  Please help, I also want to recover my saved game.

Back to top Go down

Game keeps crashing since ultimate fix Empty Re: Game keeps crashing since ultimate fix

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 16:57

I'm experiencing this as well! It worked perfectly before the pool update. Any ideas what's up? :S

Back to top Go down

Game keeps crashing since ultimate fix Empty Re: Game keeps crashing since ultimate fix

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 17:02

No idea! But I managed to stop it from crashing by reinstalling sims 4 and applying ultimate fix.  Had to delete the sims 4 folder in my documents.  Only then game started and doesn't crash.  However anytime i put in my old saves it starts crashing again.  So frustrating.... don't wanna start all over...... my sims had already accomplished soo much!

//EDIT

xXxBabyKimxXx wrote:No idea! But I managed to stop it from crashing by reinstalling sims 4 and applying ultimate fix.  Had to delete the sims 4 folder in my documents.  Only then game started and doesn't crash.  However anytime i put in my old saves it starts crashing again.  So frustrating.... don't wanna start all over...... my sims had already accomplished soo much!
Okay....... scratch that..... game is still crashing and CAS is empty!! As in no precreated sims!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 17:47

Don't know if I can be of much help but when I first applied the latest version of the ultimate fix my game kept crashing during the main menu loading screen. I realised I had forgotten to turn off avast before extracting the fix so I turned off avast, deleted the wrong extracted version of the fix, extracted it again and put it back into my EA folder and now it works as a charm..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:02

Ok thanks.  I will try this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:17

Hello,
Please be careful that antivirus softwares (avast particularly) tend to delete files that they do not like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:24

Shyria wrote:Don't know if I can be of much help but when I first applied the latest version of the ultimate fix my game kept crashing during the main menu loading screen. I realised I had forgotten to turn off avast before extracting the fix so I turned off avast, deleted the wrong extracted version of the fix, extracted it again and put it back into my EA folder and now it works as a charm..
This worked!!! Thanks..... was also able to recover my old saves Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:28

Great to hear it!
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 19:37

Worked for me too! Thanks a lot!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 18:26

Good to know this was the solution for you too guys  Smile
We were just to impatient to get the poooool parties going we forgot about avast being a controlling nutcase. (Well I'm pretty sure avast saved my computer's life several time but it has been sooo annoying with the sims 4 lately...! ) 
Anyway glad you can enjoy the latest version of the game now !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top