Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tried everything and to no avail..installer as insufficient privileges...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tried everything and to no avail..installer as insufficient privileges... Empty Tried everything and to no avail..installer as insufficient privileges...

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 00:31

Hello, this will be my first ever post. Happy B-day!
I absolutely love the sims uploads from G4TW Hammertime , ive always download all my sims from you guys and have never had a single issue.

Embarassed However as of recently downloading The Sims 4 at least 2 hours ago, I still have yet to play, and im literally itching to play.

So let me explain my problem... Sad

I opened up the downloaded file with Winrar and double clicked to open the file The_Sims_4_Setup.exe, it began extracting and eventually the installer popped up on the screen. I clicked next to begin installing and left the destination file the same as instructed to in the instructions guide. Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 and x64 began installing after a while and when this was complete I clicked close and the installer continued installing...

After about 10 mins this message popped up on screen

Tried everything and to no avail..installer as insufficient privileges... Sims4p11

I searched Google for answers and changed permissions.. Looking for bad joke scratch
nothing. No

I created the folder in question and still nothing.. No
then I cancelled the install and created a folder to extract the files in Winrar to, still the message came up
Restarted and still the same... No

FUU!
Any susggetsions as to what I can do? Help

Thank you and much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Tried everything and to no avail..installer as insufficient privileges... Empty Re: Tried everything and to no avail..installer as insufficient privileges...

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 01:45

Hello,
Are you Administrator of your PC?
If so, try to run the install as Administrator.

Back to top Go down

Tried everything and to no avail..installer as insufficient privileges... Empty Re: Tried everything and to no avail..installer as insufficient privileges...

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 08:48

Yes I am the admin for the PC. Because it's a laptop there are no other users either.
When in Winrar I had no option to run the setup as administrator and the installer simply opened itself after extracting from opening the setup.
So I closed the installer and created an empty file on desktop and extracted all files in the Winrar file to that. 
I could now run as admin on the setup file, but doing so still gave me the same message. ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 16:25

Please insert your CD of Windows, and choose the Repair Windows option.
Then try again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top