Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104). (tried the fix to no avail)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104). (tried the fix to no avail) Empty The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104). (tried the fix to no avail)

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 14:10

Hello there, got my antivirus (Avast free antivirus) who took the TS4.exe and placed it into freezing zone during installation so I thought it came from here. Disabled my antivirus, downloaded the Ultimate fix for Sims 4 with my antivirus disabled, exctracted the files into a directory then manually copied and pasted those files into the installation directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4". Still having the rld.dll E1104 problem. I got annoyed so I completely uninstalled the game, installed it with my antivirus still disabled, extracted and pasted the fix again but to no avail. Would appreciate some hints there. Thanks guys.

PS : I posted this into an older thread and it seems I'm not the only one having tried the fix without success. I've been asked to write a new thread so here it is.

Back to top Go down

The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104). (tried the fix to no avail) Empty Re: The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104). (tried the fix to no avail)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Dec 2014, 20:03

SunKing1 wrote:Hello there, got my antivirus (Avast free antivirus) who took the TS4.exe and placed it into freezing zone during installation so I thought it came from here. Disabled my antivirus, downloaded the Ultimate fix for Sims 4 with my antivirus disabled, exctracted the files into a directory then manually copied and pasted those files into the installation directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4". Still having the rld.dll E1104 problem. I got annoyed so I completely uninstalled the game, installed it with my antivirus still disabled, extracted and pasted the fix again but to no avail. Would appreciate some hints there. Thanks guys.

PS : I posted this into an older thread and it seems I'm not the only one having tried the fix without success. I've been asked to write a new thread so here it is.

Hello SunKing1 and welcome,

Can you please try and add the download location for your internet browsers (Firefix/Chrome) to the "exclusions" of your anti-virus program ? And while you're at it, also add the download location for your torrent client to the exclusions too.

If you don't do that, your Ultimate fix will get "cleaned" by the anti-virus, no matter how often you download it...

And after that, please re-download and re-apply the "Ultimate fix", from here:
http://goo.gl/n1kiU2

Install instructions are included. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104). (tried the fix to no avail) Empty Re: The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104). (tried the fix to no avail)

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 20:47

Done, didn't worked. I added all the folders from The Sims 4 into the exception list as well as my download and torrent download folder but... as I told you, I even tried to deactivate the antivirus during the whole process. I checked the size of the files in oder to see if my installation files or my ultimate fix files were corrupted but the sizes seems the to bo the good ones (320 566 015 octets for the fix rar) and (8 917 954 790 octets for the Sims 4 rar). Damn I'm out of idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Dec 2014, 20:53

SunKing1 wrote:Done, didn't worked. I added all the folders from The Sims 4 into the exception list as well as my download and torrent download folder but... as I told you, I even tried to deactivate the antivirus during the whole process. I checked the size of the files in oder to see if my installation files or my ultimate fix files were corrupted but the sizes seems the to bo the good ones (320 566 015 octets for the fix rar) and (8 917 954 790 octets for the Sims 4 rar). Damn I'm out of idea.

Then the problem lies most likely in your other "security"-software. Can you try and de-activate ALL your anti-malware/spyware and whatever stuff you may have ? Also, de-activate Windows Defender too. For a guide on how to do that, see this here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-fix-2

And then re-download the fix again. By the way, did you ALSO install the vcredist-files, as described in the Ultimate fix instructions ?

P.S. there aren't many other explanations left...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 21:01

Both vcredist automatically launched their installation on my first installation of the game (using your version of the game). I do not have any other security tools and nothing seems to block anything from the fix... it almost seem like it's either my installation that's directely corrupt (but it seemed to went fine and I do not notice anything unusual missing, I do not remember having seen my antivirus warning me about the download either and I checked the freezing zone, nothing related there.) or else something may be wrong with my computer specs ? Doesn't seem to be related though...

//EDIT

Solved ! After a time, finally found a way. I installed not only the vcredist you recommended on g4tw but also a few other ones and it seemed to make the trick.

Here is the totality of the vcredist I installed :

-vc2008sp1 x64
-vc2010sp1 x64
-vc2012 x64
-vc2013 x64
-vc2013 x86

Hope it can help others with the same kind of problem.

Thanks again for your replies Carlos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top