Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insufficient privileges to install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Insufficient privileges to install Empty Insufficient privileges to install

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 01:20

Hi whilst trying to install Sims 4 I get the following message:- The installer has insufficient priviliges to access this directory: C:- Programdata-Microsoft-Windows-Startmenu- The Sims 4.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.  

Thing is I am logged on as administrator and also I am the only user on the laptop

Regards

Back to top Go down

Insufficient privileges to install Empty Re: Insufficient privileges to install

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Mar 2015, 23:52

andu77 wrote:Hi whilst trying to install Sims 4 I get the following message:- The installer has insufficient priviliges to access this directory: C:- Programdata-Microsoft-Windows-Startmenu- The Sims 4.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.  

Thing is I am logged on as administrator and also I am the only user on the laptop

Regards

Hello andu77 and welcome,

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

Look at this guide, and then navigate to the folder that is mentioned in your error message (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\). And edit the permissions of the folder(s) as shown in my guide.

Note that in this picture here:

Insufficient privileges to install Screen44

At the top under "Group or user names", there should be the name of the account that you use to log in. If there are any other accounts too, besides the one that you use, you must repeat the procedure for these other accounts then ! Take your time to do it carefully, and then we'll see what happens. Good luck !

P.S. did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .RAR, of The Sims 4 ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top