Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The manual patch opens in winrar. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The manual patch opens in winrar. [SOLVED] Empty The manual patch opens in winrar. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 20:47

I have followed all of the steps, as this is the fifth of sixth time downloading the games in the past few years (I have had multiple laptops and restorations to factory settings). The other day I had to reset my present laptop to factory settings, losing all of my files and Sims3 games. I downloaded all of the games recently and installed throughout today, however upon trying to download the manual patch, it opens in winrar and the file is empty. Usually I would just double click the manual patch and it would open a wizard or something and install. I have tried to extract the .tgz file but it just creates a folder with useless files inside. The launcher won't let me update. I have not yet applied the Ultimate Fix - I thought I had to do it after the manual patch?

//EDIT

I forgot to mention that earlier I downloaded the patch via the launcher and it downloaded, however it got stuck on an unlocking phase and never progressed above 0%. I just applied the patch the same thing is happening again.

Last edited by Carlos on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 05:57; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forget details and updating info)

Back to top Go down

The manual patch opens in winrar. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The manual patch opens in winrar. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 20:53

Hi there! Smile

Are you downloading the Manual Patch from this post here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch

The Manual Patch is a .exe file, that's what you should be getting. If one of the links is not working, try downloading it from the other (the Mirror or the normal one). Good luck!

Back to top Go down

The manual patch opens in winrar. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The manual patch opens in winrar. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 20:57

HAHAHA, omg what was I doing? I must have been downloading the Mac version or something? The file was called To-9355-1.67.2.024002.tgz. I am sorry to waste time, I feel so silly now. Thank you.

Mod edit: I'm glad to hear it's working now. Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top