Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resource.cfg file missing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resource.cfg file missing. Empty Resource.cfg file missing.

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 18:09

I downloaded the game and fix but found no mods folder, even after I started the game up. I made one myself, booted the game, exited but still found no resource.cfg file in the mods folder. I loaded the fix twice more but still nothing. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Resource.cfg file missing. Empty Re: Resource.cfg file missing.

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 18:26

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Are you sure you are looking in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4? You won't find the Mods folder in the Program Files location.

Please, try removing the Mods folder completely and then start the game up. The game will create a Mods folder if its missing, with the Resource.cfg file inside. 

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Nov 2014, 06:20

Yeah, I'm in the right place. I've also tried it by removing the mods folder but to no avail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Nov 2014, 12:11

ableman12 wrote:Yeah, I'm in the right place. I've also tried it by removing the mods folder but to no avail.

That's strange. Would you mind posting a screenshot showing how the folder where you are searching looks like? In Detail mode would be best, and so that all of it's content can be seen. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 20 Nov 2014, 20:20

Hi there,

I've uploaded the missing Resource.cfg file for you here: http://goo.gl/XCSJfQ

Please test it and let us know the result. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 11:28

I downloaded the Resource.cfg, created a Mods folder, but still, the game doesn't give me the notification, and the mods don't work.

I have the Enable Script Mods checkbox enabled, and no avail.

I updated to the Get to Work patch, and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

-=EDIT=-

Fixed, but new question.

What's the difference between C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods (Where I was presumably putting them.)

And C:\Users\Main(Current)User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods (Where they belonged.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 12:34

The first one is the "Installation-folder"! (And there ist NO "Mods" Folder)
The second one the "User File" Folder where all Infos are stored of the Game AND where the Mods (Folder) belong in! Wink Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Apr 2015, 22:57

xCasper wrote:I downloaded the Resource.cfg, created a Mods folder, but still, the game doesn't give me the notification, and the mods don't work.

I have the Enable Script Mods checkbox enabled, and no avail.

I updated to the Get to Work patch, and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

-=EDIT=-

Fixed, but new question.

What's the difference between C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods (Where I was presumably putting them.)

And C:\Users\Main(Current)User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods (Where they belonged.)

Yes, what the previous poster said. Smile  The second location is about all your personalized in-game stuff, like mods, CC, savefiles, in-game screenshots, in-game settings, etc. See also this guide here, for a walkthrough on how to install CC in TS4:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots-updated-on-21-03-2015

If you wish to discuss in more detail about this, I'd like to ask you though to open a NEW thread, please. Smile  Simply go into a sub-forum and click on the button "new thread" at the top.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top