Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

resource.cfg file problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

resource.cfg file problem. [SOLVED] Empty resource.cfg file problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 02:36

Hello,

I tried looking to see if there were any topics about the resource.cfg file problems, but I haven't found any! My problem is when I have this file in the mods folder and try to play the game, it will run the game and everything. When the game comes up for me to pick which game that I have saved, it has a list of the script mods and I click the check mark and pick a saved game that I want to play and then........it either crashes or it gets stuck loading and never does anything for a long time and then it crashes. Either way, it crashes! Now if I take the resource.cfg file out of the mod folder and leave everything else...........I have no problems playing the game. The only problem then is........ any of the script package files that I have won't work without that damn resource.cfg file! Can anyone help me with this please?

Back to top Go down

resource.cfg file problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: resource.cfg file problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 14 Jun 2012, 17:10

//MOVED
Hello,

That problems is most-likely not caused by the resource file. But if you like, you can re-download it as follows: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?39bvs19e15hixot

If that didn't work either, it's probably one of the Mods. Please take out all of the Mods and put them back in pairs of 3-10 and then test the game, until you find the "corrupt" one. Either update or remove that specific Mod, so your game should work fine again.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

resource.cfg file problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: resource.cfg file problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun 2012, 02:43

Thank You! I will try that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 15 Jun 2012, 14:01

Hello,

Good luck! Please do let us know the result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 18:15

I did what you told me to do and took out all the package files, re-downloaded the resource file and installed it and started putting package files back in the mod folder a little at a time. I think I found the little bugger that's been crashing my game! So now all is good so far. I'm still putting files back in little at a time, but I have had no problems since......fingers crossed! Smile Thank you kindly for all of your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jun 2012, 19:04

Hello,

Good, keep putting them back in pairs and then test the game. You'll find the bad ones eventually.
I'm happy to hear it's working correctly now.

Happy simming and please let us know if there's anything else we could help you with!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top