Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Launches but with no video only audio

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Launches but with no video only audio Empty The Sims 4 Launches but with no video only audio

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 07:21

I installed the Games4theworld Sims 4 and initially got the rld.dll error but installed the sims 4 fix and that fixed that issue. I was able to complete the install and now it launches the game but no video, just a black screen with what I assume is the sims 4 intro music. Can anyone help?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Launches but with no video only audio Empty Re: The Sims 4 Launches but with no video only audio

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 14:12

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Try launching the game in Windowed Mode to see if it changes anything. To do that, go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and look for a file called Options.ini. Open it with any text editor, and inside look for a line that says "fullscreen = 1". Change that 1 to 0, save the file and close it. Finally, try starting the game again.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Last edited by SeoY on Wed 26 Nov 2014, 22:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Launches but with no video only audio Empty Re: The Sims 4 Launches but with no video only audio

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 22:23

Thanks, the game starts and works fine now that I changed that setting. I have not ran into any other issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 22:27

bdavis3721 wrote:Thanks, the game starts and works fine now that I changed that setting. I have not ran into any other issues.

That's very good to hear! If you want to play fullscreen, you can try changing the Display Type in the in-game options to "Windowed Fullscreen" and see if it works fine. Of course, that's only if you want. Try changing it to fullscreen too to see if the problem is still there.

So, is there anything else we can help you with? Or can we close the topic? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top