Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about my Sims 3 folder. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about my Sims 3 folder. [CLOSED] Empty Question about my Sims 3 folder. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Nov 2014, 21:20

i have the Sims 3 base game installed and Im trying to add the mods folder. I actually bought the Sims 3 game so Its not a crack or anything. The instructions say you are supposed to put the mods folder in the Document > Electronics arts > Sims 3, but I was wondering why my Sims 3 folder looks like this: 
Question about my Sims 3 folder. [CLOSED] Temp10

And not like this:

Question about my Sims 3 folder. [CLOSED] 450px-ModsFolder2

Are there some folders missing? Do I need to re install the game?

When I go to the Sims 3 folder through Programs, all the folders are inside.

Back to top Go down

Question about my Sims 3 folder. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Question about my Sims 3 folder. [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Thu 27 Nov 2014, 21:38

Hello,

No, this folder is not the folder you installed your game to. The game is installed to this folder by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\  (Or if installed via Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\)

The folder shown on your screenshot is: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\, which only stores game data like saves, Mods, Custom Content, custom music, etc.
If you remove that folder, your saves will be gone and the game will simply create a new folder.

Since you already have a topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18526-can-i-transfer-my-sims-3-game-from-one-computer-to-another , please stick to that one, instead of opening multiple topics about the same game. That makes tracking progress a lot easier for us. Thank you!
I'll close this topic now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)