Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 electronic arts folder not in documents. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 electronic arts folder not in documents. [CLOSED] Empty sims 3 electronic arts folder not in documents. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 22:19

In the Sims 3, the electronic arts folder that is supposed to go to one's My Documents or Documents folder (I have windows 7 home premium) is going to a folder i use to share documents with all my household computers on a local network connection.
So instead of going to: C:\Users\User\Documents
It is going to: C:\Users\Public\Documents
every time I re-install the game and expansion packs (Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations and Pets)
I think this is causing the game to think my saves are corrupted since no matter what save I try or even if I make a new game save and close the next time i restart the game it says the save is corrupt. I have tried to recover corrupt saves but that didn't work. I have many saves that all show up as corrupt and I don't think they are all corrupt but the only problem seems to be this change in file location which I do not know how to fix. Help! I have uninstalled and re-installed the game many times applied all the cracks, the ultimate fix, the latest patch updates all downloads and instructions found on this site but I keep getting this problem. No-one else seems to have it, can someone tell me what's going on?

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

sims 3 electronic arts folder not in documents. [CLOSED] Empty Re: sims 3 electronic arts folder not in documents. [CLOSED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 31 Jan 2012, 09:18

Hello,
I've never heard of this problem. But I wonder, is it possible for you to temporarily disable your network connection when you start a game. The game will create a new electronic arts\The sims 3 folder. Or, reinstall while the network is disabled even. You'd think the game will create the electronic arts folder in the appropriate location.

//EDIT

Wait, I've just read this and in the article its about The sims 2 and you wont be able to move the entire documents folder obviously, but maybe the same procedure works for your electronic arts folder allowing you to move it to a different location on your own pc.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

sims 3 electronic arts folder not in documents. [CLOSED] Empty Re: sims 3 electronic arts folder not in documents. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 04:12

I'm not getting the same options when I right click protperties on the electronics arts folder. I just need it to go to My Documents and I don't know why it's going to a different folder. It's just weird. I don't know how to relocate it, its not the same as relocating my documents.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 01 Feb 2012, 08:48

Hello,
How about disabling your networkconnection (temporarily) when you start the game?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Feb 2012, 13:11

Im having this exact problem. I tried disabling the network but it didnt help. Im unable to start any saved game but the actual game works great. Im also running vista not xp like the tutorial showed and those options arent available.

//EDIT

I'd also like to thank you for taking your time to help everybody and providing all these great games. Sims has worked flawlessly until recently thanks to all your fixes.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 02 Feb 2012, 13:44

Hello,
Perhaps Admin can provide more insight in this problem, he'll be online on the forum in a couple of hours.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 02 Feb 2012, 22:21

Hello,

Sure, feel free to contact me via the Forum's chatbox! (Join the chatbox when you see me online on the Forum)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Apr 2012, 15:29

Hi,
I have similar problem as the person who started this topic.I am running the sims 3 in compatibility mod- windows 95 to avoid constant crashing- (only this method helps, i have ultimate fix, game is updated..etc). The game doesnt crash while running in compatibility mod any more but after saving it and closing , when i try to reopen it , im getting an error message: "A serious error has occured while loading"Starlight.Shores.sims 3." It s strongly recommended that u restart the application." Without deleting the electronic arts folder i can not start the game- it crashes while loading the family screen. So when i play i have to start from beginning every time... :/

I have noticed that electronic arts folder is by me now in C:\Users\Public\Documents, intead of C:\Users\User\Documents.
Is there any way to fix this problem? i d be extremely grateful for ur help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top