Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game stuck at connecting in main menu. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game stuck at connecting in main menu. [SOLVED] Empty Game stuck at connecting in main menu. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 07:01

So after applying your "ultimate fix" and following the video since I only have the 3 legit add ons to the game plus the base game I wanted to make sure it was still going to work before I get an pirated expansions. Well upon starting it up it automatically tries to connect in the main menu which it would be stuck at for a few minutes but now all of a sudden after a minute or two it just crashes. I also can't update the game because EA/Origin keep telling me I'm not connected which I am but it says my game is up to date regardless.

Back to top Go down

Game stuck at connecting in main menu. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game stuck at connecting in main menu. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 13:57

//MOVED

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Please, take a look at this guide on how to install The Sims 3 correctly:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And it would help if you were a little more specific about your issue. What exactly are these "legit add ons" you have? And you applied the Ultimate Fix to your legit game without installing any downloaded expansion pack? Remember that for the Ultimate Fix to work, it needs an EP or SP that came out after and including Generations installed. And there's no reason to apply the Ultimate Fix to a legit game anyway, as it's the crack for any pirated EP or SP you have.

Back to top Go down

Game stuck at connecting in main menu. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game stuck at connecting in main menu. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 21:33

I have High end loft stuff, Late night and Town life, I installed it because I plan on installing some pirated expansions like University life but wanted to first make sure that if I used the ultimate fix that it would work before I installed an expansion. Is there any way to maybe then get the core files of my base game back without having to delete everything and redownload it? Do I have to have generations? I read that we need either or town life or generations

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 29 Nov 2014, 22:29

Hello,

First do step 2. After that you can install any other expansion pack you like.
Finally do step 3 and 4 to make the game work.

The manual patch of step 2 will automatically put back all (important) missing files, so nothing to worry about.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 23:19

I'll try it, thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 29 Nov 2014, 23:25

Hi there,

Good luck and please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 03:25

It fixed it, thank you!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top