Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blank Main menu on Sims 3 [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blank Main menu on Sims 3 [SOLVED] Empty Blank Main menu on Sims 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 03:14

Alright, so I've been at this for about 2 days because of missing files/misplaced things/etc etc but I finally just uninstalled and reinstalled everything, I followed the directions VERY carefully and made sure I was doing everything that I should before I did it, and everything seems to be fine, except I have a slight problem. 

So, I installed World Adventures, and everything went smoothly updated and everything but when I went to the main menu, it looked normal, except the world for the EP was not there. Sunset Valley was, however. So I decided I'd try to add Into the Future and see how that worked, I did everything for that as well, and now on my Main Menu everything is blank. There's just nothing there, no sunset valley no worlds, nothing. I don't understand??? I did everything step by step and made sure it was what I needed to do, and I'm STILL having this issue. 

Please, I really don't think looking at the instructions again is going to help me, is there anything else that I can do?

Back to top Go down

Blank Main menu on Sims 3 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Blank Main menu on Sims 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 04:33

Update: I even tried switching the Locale to en-US. Still nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 05:58

Hi there, @LitheLight, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

So, have you already tried re-applying the Ultimate Fix? This error is almost always fixed by just correctly applying the Ultimate Fix again. 

Make sure that you are copying it to the correct location and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 06:00

I read something that told me NOT to use the instructions inside the expansions? Like, should I not be placing the files from the expansions anywhere? Just downloading and installing them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 06:07

Lithelight wrote:I read something that told me NOT to use the instructions inside the expansions? Like, should I not be placing the files from the expansions anywhere? Just downloading and installing them?

Indeed, you should not follow the instructions from inside each EP. The most updated instructions can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

So, you don't need any files from inside the expansions after installing them. You need to apply the Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix as per the guide. 

Please, try it and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 07:07

Okay, so at least one thing is fixed. I re did everything, followed carefully, left crack files and files inside the EP's alone. I applied the fix for the EP's I HAVE (WA, Into the future, and Seasons) and for the base game. Sunset valley is popping up, but my EP worlds aren't. Everything seems to be normal but for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 21 Aug 2015, 11:25

Hello,

Can you make sure you haven't overlooked the files in the #crack folder in the fix?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 03:05

Honestly, I feel really terrible, but I figured it out! I have dyslexia problems and had to have a friend point out to me that one of the folder names wasnt what I thought it was uugghhh.... 

Thank you all so much, though! Everything seems to be doing alright, so far. No glitches, nothing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 17:28

Lithelight wrote:Honestly, I feel really terrible, but I figured it out! I have dyslexia problems and had to have a friend point out to me that one of the folder names wasnt what I thought it was uugghhh.... 

Thank you all so much, though! Everything seems to be doing alright, so far. No glitches, nothing!

Glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue! Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. If you ever need anything else, don't doubt to come back. Until then, have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top