Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The game Stuck/hang/freeze at the main menu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The game Stuck/hang/freeze at the main menu Empty The game Stuck/hang/freeze at the main menu

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2014, 15:39

Hi..

I just re-installed my sims (base, ambitions, fast lane, generation, high end loft, island paradise, late night, outdoor living, pets, seasons, showtime, supernatural, town life, university, world adventure) 

i've followed exactly what the instruction in fix file said.. 
when i open (play) it for the 1st time, it's look like okey.. but a bit lag..

then i quit the game and install all the addon i have.. except package file (because i've experience that it will slow my games)
after that, i open again the game.. but the game is stuck at the main menu.. 

what should i do..?? please help me.. 
 Help  Help  Help

Back to top Go down

The game Stuck/hang/freeze at the main menu Empty Re: The game Stuck/hang/freeze at the main menu

Post by J.T. Thu 16 Jan 2014, 16:06

First of all, what is the game version of your base game? To know what the game version is, open a file called "skuversion.txt" in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. The first line of the txt file shows you the game version of the base game.

If the base game you have is 1.63 (or lower), do steps 2-4 of this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. Follow precisely the guide and don't do anything extra.

If the base game you have is 1.66, uninstall ONLY the base game completely, and reboot your computer. Re-install the base game and do steps 2-4 of the same guide above.

Please let us know the result and good luck!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

The game Stuck/hang/freeze at the main menu Empty Re: The game Stuck/hang/freeze at the main menu

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 15:45

when i restart my laptop, then i can play the games.. but it always lag.. 
but today, when i open it again, it freeze like before..

in the "skuversion.txt", it said:
GameVersion = 1.63.5.024002 
Code:0.RL-2.0.205 
Asset:1.Content.rl.39 
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933 
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209 

and i will try to follow the instruction again.. and i will update here the result.. 

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 00:34

ok.. rite now (after a few open the game) it's not stuck anymore at the main menu.. 

and the lag problem, it just happen at my sims live in island... because it make a new sims at night fall (maybe.. i forget the name) it ok, and smooth.. 

thanks for help and suggestion..  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top