Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues Installing The Sims 4 [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues Installing The Sims 4 [SOLVED] Empty Issues Installing The Sims 4 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 05:07

Hello. Im glad to see The Sims 4 was finally added to the games4theworld's collection. I decided to get it too, and followed the instructions. Downloaded the torrent, opened it up, extracted the setup rars, and then tried to open up the The_Sims_4_Setup application file. It did not want to start installing though. It gave me an error message saying "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." I even tried opening it again with origin running and running it as administrator. Same thing happened. What can I do to get the setup to install the game?

Mentality

Back to top Go down

Issues Installing The Sims 4 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Issues Installing The Sims 4 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 06:41

Hi there! Very Happy

The Setup#.cab files that come with the torrent aren't RAR files (they are CAB files), and aren't supposed to be extracted. They must be left just as they were. Do you still have the original .cab files? If so, just delete everything you extracted and put the original files back in. Then, double click The_Sims_4_Setup.exe. 

If you don't have the original .cab files anymore, I'm sorry to say that you'll need to re-download the torrent for the game. And remember that not because you can, you should extract every archive you find. Wink

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down

Issues Installing The Sims 4 [SOLVED] Empty Installation Problem

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 22:01

hello,
I am also having this same problem. I downloaded the game and when download completed i opened the file, read the instructions, then double clicked "the_sims_4_setup.exe" and was met with "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." I am not sure what to do... please help.

Last edited by jescuziblaze on Tue 02 Dec 2014, 22:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added details)

Back to top Go down

Issues Installing The Sims 4 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Issues Installing The Sims 4 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 22:47

jescuziblaze wrote:hello,
I am also having this same problem. I downloaded the game and when download completed i opened the file, read the instructions, the was met with "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." I am not sure what to do... please help.

Hi there! Smile

Please, create a new topic for your issue. As this topic wasn't originally yours, you shouldn't post your problems here. But we'll be glad to help you in the new topic you create. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 21:50

Hello again. I tried reinstalling without extracting the .rar files and it worked. I can now play the game. I only thought to extract the .rar files first because it seems like the installation kept freezing at certain points. It did take a little while for the installation to complete. And when I looked at another post it suggested extracting the .rar files first before installing. I guess it must have been a different issue. So yeah, if any of you players out there are running into this issue, don't extract the .rar files. Also, keep in mind that you should add the game folder to your exceptions list in your antivirus. Like the installation instructions say in the Ultimate Fix, chances are there might be a false positive alert and it'll screw up the game. It happened to me and I had to reinstall all over again. Much thanks to the games4theworld team, they work hard for us players out there. Smilecheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 22:03

Mentality wrote:Hello again. I tried reinstalling without extracting the .rar files and it worked. I can now play the game. I only thought to extract the .rar files first because it seems like the installation kept freezing at certain points. It did take a little while for the installation to complete. And when I looked at another post it suggested extracting the .rar files first before installing. I guess it must have been a different issue. So yeah, if any of you players out there are running into this issue, don't extract the .rar files. Also, keep in mind that you should add the game folder to your exceptions list in your antivirus. Like the installation instructions say in the Ultimate Fix, chances are there might be a false positive alert and it'll screw up the game. It happened to me and I had to reinstall all over again. Much thanks to the games4theworld team, they work hard for us players out there. Smilecheers

Glad to hear that the game is working properly now! Very Happy

Yes, the installation may take some time, but it's working nonetheless. For the future, if your antivirus deletes any important file, you can apply the Ultimate Fix instead of completely reinstalling the game. It can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix
That should restore the deleted files.

Problem solved, topic closed. If you ever need anything else, don't doubt to come back. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top