Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 1 Complete Collection multiple installing issues. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 1 Complete Collection multiple installing issues. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 1 Complete Collection multiple installing issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016, 18:41

So I've been trying to install this for the past 3 days to no avail! I have been trying everything and wondering if anyone can help me with this issue. I have extracted my files with WinRAR and when I go to run the 'Start.exe' nothing happens, the program runs as a background process but everytime I attempt to run the program it creates a new background issue. So I run through the setup version, to which the installer starts loading but then the following error message shows up, 'Unknown error encountered aborting setup'.

I've tried re-installing everything, the eraser, clean system boots. I have no clue what to do anymore, anyone willing to help it's greatly appreciated. Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 Complete Collection multiple installing issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 1 Complete Collection multiple installing issues. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Apr 2016, 17:35

Hello and welcome to the forum @TrDuckies,

In later Windows systems like 8 or 10, it can be necessary to right-click on the setup-file, and choose "run as Administrator". Have you tried that already ?

And: did you extract the files from the .RAR download into a fresh folder, and started the installation from there ? Did you use the program WinRAR for extracting ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 Complete Collection multiple installing issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 1 Complete Collection multiple installing issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 18:13

Thank you for the welcome!

Yes I've tried running as administrator and the unknown error still occurs. And I have extracted it with WinRAR from the .RAR into a empty folder off my documents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 22:01

In your extracted download you will find a folder called Setup.
There you will find various setup possibilities for the various languages.
So try these, f.e. Setup_Dutch or Setup_English
Still run these as Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 22:32

I tried a few of those setups, running as administrator but they ask for Windows Command Processor which I agree to and nothing happens, doesn't even run a background process unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Apr 2016, 22:52

TrDuckies wrote:I tried a few of those setups, running as administrator but they ask for Windows Command Processor which I agree to and nothing happens, doesn't even run a background process unfortunately.

Have you made sure to extract ALL files from the .RAR, into the fresh folder, and not just the start.exe ? I myself never even remotely had any issue with installing the game, but of course, that cannot serve as a 'guideline' of any sorts.

If it doesn't work, please hold on for a while, and I will try do look into that issue by doing some research.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 23:06

Yeah, I've re-extracted them all twice over, nothing seems to be working, just tried again and still the same error. I've installed this game before onto this pc quite a while ago (I have double checked recently that everything previously in place has been removed) But had no issue then but now when I really have an itch for it just doesn't want to work. 

Any suggestions for it are greatly appreciated, thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 09:45

If you haven't removed old installations correctly, there might be remnants in the register preventing you from re-installing.
Almost every expansion has its own Eraser. The Complete Collection unfortunately contains however only 1 Eraser in the folder Eraser of the download.
You can download the 5 other erasers from https://mega.nz/#F!ME8EiDBb!uDj3AjFlAykGZcCXfH9dmw
Download them, double-click on each of them. It looks like nothing happens, but it will erase the register-entries for that particular expansionpack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 11:25

So I extracted and used all those erasers and now have an error message that I've never gotten before when I run the setup, 'Error getting sku number from registry'? I'm still running it as administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 12:15

Open the Registry (Windowskey + R) and type regedit.
Open HOTKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Open SOFTWARE
If you have a 64 bits Windows, open Wow6432Node
Open Maxis
Then, if these folders exist, remove them:
The Complete Sims 1 Collection
The Sims
The Sims Complete

Close Maxis
Open folder Windows
Open CurrentVersion
Open Uninstall
Again if they exist, Remove following entries:

{2727FBEF-3155-11D4-8F73-0050DA0F6297} – The Sims Livin’ Large
{10798AE3-DCBB-43C3-9C93-C23512427E25 } – The Sims Deluxe
{7D268154-7A31-40F2-9779-7A250914BB39} – The Sims House Party
{017E65B1-7484-461A-B16F-7C931166083B} – The Sims Hot Date
{3D9231F6-A287-4222-9EBC-519BB206F590} – The Sims Vacation
{7C32C567-DC0F-4C80-B06C-7873850A2E06} – The Sims Unleashed
{1A7F8DF6-5A3E-4CDF-BC82-BE26B407E21B } – The Sims Superstar
{9A00D1BA-D03A-44E5-AF28-86A1F377DF61} – The Sims Makin’ Magic
{F2527115-B8BF-4FDB-B5DA-5AADFB7C13E1} - The Sims Complete Collection

Close the Registry

Try to install the game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 12:28

Done all of the above and still getting the same error, went back to double check and none of those entries were anywhere to be found.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 14:31

In that case, try to revert your system to an earlier situation, preferably prior to when you removed The Sims.
The SKU-number should be 2 but I have no idea how to implement that in your register.
The folder in your registry for the Sims should look like this Sims 1 Complete Collection multiple installing issues. [SOLVED] #!pJVyXJzT!uxdph7rOmHcnBk1v_I5G8-WLeQvINi69w_xO2lWmSQYhttps://mega.nz/#!pJVyXJzT!uxdph7rOmHcnBk1v_I5G8-WLeQvINi69w_xO2lWmSQY
By the way, did you re-start your computer ? (required after the use of the Erasers)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 21:07

I deleted the original Sims over a year ago and no longer have a back up save to which I can revert to. I also have restarted my pc since and still have no change.

**I have since had a small break through, I removed a file in my install shield information which is now allowing me to run the game perfectly! Thanks for all the help guys you can now close this topic Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Apr 2016, 19:08

TrDuckies wrote:I deleted the original Sims over a year ago and no longer have a back up save to which I can revert to. I also have restarted my pc since and still have no change.

**I have since had a small break through, I removed a file in my install shield information which is now allowing me to run the game perfectly! Thanks for all the help guys you can now close this topic Smile

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for sharing the fix with us ! Very Happy  Have fun with the game and feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime. Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top