Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize Empty Dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 22:28

Hey,

I seem to be having the same issue that others are having...I followed the install directions of both the original game and the ultimate fix. I've installed and repaired all of the redist files. As suggested in other forum posts, I've added all of the Sims 4 files and my Firefox downloads folder to the exceptions list for my antivirus software, but I'm still getting the error.

Any other suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize Empty Re: Dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 22:49

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

It would help us if you gave a little more details about the problem. What is the exact error message (E0, E1103, E1104)? What antivirus are you using in the moment, and what Windows version do you have?

One thing you could try is to extract the Ultimate Fix again with the antivirus temporarily disabled, and copy the folders to the location specified one more time.
And did you re-apply the Ultimate Fix after adding all of the installation folders to the Exceptions list?

Back to top Go down

Dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize Empty Re: Dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 23:22

Thanks for the quick reply!

To clarify, I am receiving error E0 and am running Windows 7 and using Microsoft Security Essentials. My university limits the types of security software that I can use...

I did re-download and apply the ultimate fix two times after adding the folders to the exception list. I just tried to extract the folders with anti-virus disabled, but I got a warning during extraction that RldOrigin.dll was detected as RDN/Generic.dx!dgt, which was identified as a trojan and deleted. This happened while my antivirus was disabled. What should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 23:31

stooch wrote:Thanks for the quick reply!

To clarify, I am receiving error E0 and am running Windows 7 and using Microsoft Security Essentials. My university limits the types of security software that I can use...

I did re-download and apply the ultimate fix two times after adding the folders to the exception list. I just tried to extract the folders with anti-virus disabled, but I got a warning during extraction that RldOrigin.dll was detected as RDN/Generic.dx!dgt, which was identified as a trojan and deleted. This happened while my antivirus was disabled. What should I do?

Well, the error is almost certainly caused by the file that is being deleted. But the warning you got, was it from Microsoft Security Essentials? Or is it from another antivirus?

And are you extracting the files directly to the install location? It may prevent it from being deleted if you already added that to your Exceptions list. Otherwise, you may want to also add the location where you are extracting the Ultimate Fix to the list.

Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top