Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash on initial loading.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash on initial loading. Empty Crash on initial loading.

Post by Guest Sun 07 Dec 2014, 22:14

I had other versions of the sims 4 game and saw there were no updates, so I decided to completely remove those versions and download the one from here.
After deleting everyrthing related to the other versions, I downloaded your version, installed to the default folder, applied the ultimate fix and the game loaded up.
The game starts loading, but after a while it says windows found an error and TS4 stopped working.
Help?  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Edit: Oh and I also looked through the forums and saw you should get the install directory on the exception list on the anti virus.
I'm using Norton's and have the the EA folder on the exception list.
Edit: Tried loading up the game 6 times now.. the first 5 times it crashed but now somehow it got to the main menu after loading instead of crashing.. well hopefully I won't have more problems from now on. ;P

Back to top Go down

Crash on initial loading. Empty Re: Crash on initial loading.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 08 Dec 2014, 19:47

Solar1x- wrote:I had other versions of the sims 4 game and saw there were no updates, so I decided to completely remove those versions and download the one from here.
After deleting everyrthing related to the other versions, I downloaded your version, installed to the default folder, applied the ultimate fix and the game loaded up.
The game starts loading, but after a while it says windows found an error and TS4 stopped working.
Help?  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Edit: Oh and I also looked through the forums and saw you should get the install directory on the exception list on the anti virus.
I'm using Norton's and have the the EA folder on the exception list.
Edit: Tried loading up the game 6 times now.. the first 5 times it crashed but now somehow it got to the main menu after loading instead of crashing.. well hopefully I won't have more problems from now on. ;P

Hello Solar1x- and welcome,

Please check out the model solution on this issue, here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18509-the-sims-4-crashes-when-i-try-to-launch-it#128317

Also, keep in mind that even if you have the program files-folder on your exceptions, the anti-virus might still muck up things. So at some point, you might even consider un-installing Norton (and going for another anti-virus, like "avast Internet Security", which provides still good protection, while actually ACCEPTING input from users).

Good luck for now and keep us posted ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 10:03

Thanks for trying to help Carlos.
I fixed the problem.. no idea why it occured in the first place though but all I had to do is re-apply the ultimate fix.. although I did the same thing when it started crashing.. thought I'd try to apply the fix again and it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Dec 2014, 21:43

Solar1x- wrote:Thanks for trying to help Carlos.
I fixed the problem.. no idea why it occured in the first place though but all I had to do is re-apply the ultimate fix.. although I did the same thing when it started crashing.. thought I'd try to apply the fix again and it worked.

Did you make sure to configure your anti-virus software correctly ? That means, did you add the install location of your Sims 4 game to the "exclusions" of the anti-virus ?

And do you have any other "security"-software, which might need configuring ? Plus, you should make sure to turn off "Windows Defender" too.

Because otherwise, that will happen again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top