Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memory problems? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Memory problems? [SOLVED] Empty Memory problems? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 03:11

Hey guys i hope im in the right place to post this (im sorry if not) but i been having some problems with the game. It crashes after a while of playing and says  i don't have enough memory to run the game, i barely have anything other than the sims 4 in my pc and my RAM is def not full. Apparently my pc is using virtual memory to run the game (for some reason) and it says there isn't enough of it. I'm really bad at this things and i don't even know what virtual memory is or where to find it, can someone help me? it only started happening a few days ago so i guess is my pc's problem and not the game itself. I never had any problems with the sims 3 so the sims 4 should be even easier to run. What do i do?   Why God. 
(I have windows 7)

Back to top Go down

Memory problems? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Memory problems? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 05:27

How much RAM does your computer have? you should check to see if it's enough for the minimum requirements.
Regardless of that, all "modren" pc's have at least 4GB of ram which is enough to run the game smoothly.
I suggest you run sims 4 and task manager on the background, alt tab every few minutes and see if the RAM usage is going up all the time.
If that's the case for some reason your game has a memory leak, that eventually causes the game to crash. (Or it could be some other program you're running in the background.)
My suggestion would be to reinstall the game (and redownload if it keeps happening) but if I'm not an official helper so you might aswell wait for their response.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Dec 2014, 16:18

mily05 wrote:Hey guys i hope im in the right place to post this (im sorry if not) but i been having some problems with the game. It crashes after a while of playing and says  i don't have enough memory to run the game, i barely have anything other than the sims 4 in my pc and my RAM is def not full. Apparently my pc is using virtual memory to run the game (for some reason) and it says there isn't enough of it. I'm really bad at this things and i don't even know what virtual memory is or where to find it, can someone help me? it only started happening a few days ago so i guess is my pc's problem and not the game itself. I never had any problems with the sims 3 so the sims 4 should be even easier to run. What do i do?   Why God. 
(I have windows 7)

Hello mily05,

How do you know that virtual memory is the problem ? Do you get an error message saying that ?

Also, can you try using the tool "GameBooster", here ? Read up on the guide:
http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerGameBooster/GameBoosterOMG-ENG.pdf

And how much filespace do you have on your hard-drive ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 18:08

Hi, thanks for the help, yes an error pops up and says thats the problem. 98,5 GB out of 153 GB is what's left, should i delete some program files? (itunes,etc)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Dec 2014, 18:13

mily05 wrote:Hi, thanks for the help, yes an error pops up and says thats the problem. 98,5 GB out of 153 GB is what's left, should i delete some program files? (itunes,etc)

Wait with that for a while. Are you doing specific in-game interactions before it crashes ? I remember someone saying here that he had issues using mirrors in Sims 4. Everytime a mirror was used, the RAM usage would increase more and more, until the game crashes. Do you think you can pinpoint the cause of this, by playing on ? Smile

Also, go to Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 4" into anything you like - just change the folder's name. And then start the game, make a fresh save (for now) and play on. Does the same happen there too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 23:11

I played a new save for a couple of hours and everything is ok, i don't think it has anything to do with mirrors but i'll make sure to use the dresser from now on, maybe is my legacy that's messed up? *cries*

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Dec 2014, 20:25

mily05 wrote:I played a new save for a couple of hours and everything is ok, i don't think it has anything to do with mirrors but i'll make sure to use the dresser from now on, maybe is my legacy that's messed up? *cries*

Savegame corruption can always happen. One more thing maybe ? Before all of this happened, did you get a few "regular" game crashes ? With the message "TS4 has stopped working" (without the "memory is low"-thing) ?

It seems likely that game crashes can affect savefiles severely in TS4, which is why you should back up your "Saves"-folder regularly. You can find them in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and then the folder "Saves".

I'll leave the topic open, for you to post updates here. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 20:36

Thanks again! and no i didn't have any crashing issues before this, hell even my sims 3 as laggy as is was never crashed. I deleted some cc and shall play test maybe later tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Dec 2014, 22:28

mily05 wrote:Thanks again! and no i didn't have any crashing issues before this, hell even my sims 3 as laggy as is was never crashed. I deleted some cc and shall play test maybe later tonight.

OK, keep us posted ! In the meantime, do you have any other questions ? If not, can I close the thread then ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 04:34

Yeah close it. I played for a bit with no issues, hope it doesnt happen again.

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top