Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memory problems.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Memory problems.[SOLVED] Empty Memory problems.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 04:13

Hi there!. first of all this is an amazing site... great effort.
I've JUST finished downloading all your expansions for sims 3 and i'm really excited to start installing them. I just have one problem. I DON"T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE ON MY SYSTEM (C:), because it's only up to 50gb. (my mistake when I first turned my laptop on)... but I have much more space on my Data (D:).. so what I wanted to know is: will all these games still work if i transfer the files to my Data (D:) instead of the SYSTEM (C:)?.. sorry for this question.. its just that I'm not really good in computers. just wanted to play the game so much. And i can't find it here in Saudi Arabia. I'm just relying on you guys.. I really wish you could help me out. Thanks in advance.

PS. or if you can just help me out in changing the memory allocations, that would be the best!

Back to top Go down

Memory problems.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Memory problems.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 04:19

I think that just moving your files from one drive to another might not help. The registry values wouldn't change. If it were me. I'd Backup all my save games, mods and Custom content in the Documents folder to an external drive and then wipe the Sims off of the system.

Then i'd reinstall to the D drive using the Ultimate fix Instructions found here.

Just a suggestion, hope it helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 06:52

iriven wrote:I think that just moving your files from one drive to another might not help. The registry values wouldn't change. If it were me. I'd Backup all my save games, mods and Custom content in the Documents folder to an external drive and then wipe the Sims off of the system.

Then i'd reinstall to the D drive using the Ultimate fix Instructions found here.

Just a suggestion, hope it helps.

thank u so much for your help... i installed everything on Data (D:) and it's working just fine... have a great day! sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 14 Mar 2012, 10:51

Hello,

That's great to hear. I've installed all my games on D: myself because I don't have enough space on C:.

Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)