Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 not getting promoted, not able to access fridge or bookcase correctly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 not getting promoted, not able to access fridge or bookcase correctly Empty Sims 4 not getting promoted, not able to access fridge or bookcase correctly

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 18:55

Hi I've been having trouble with a family that I made today (Sims 4) - Whenever he goes to work, when he arrives home he cannot "open" the fridge or the bookcase to see its contents (to choose what he wants to eat/read). I believe this is happening because it's still stating that my sim is at work, even once he's got home. I also can't access his inventory because of this - bascially I cannot do anything that it prevents you from doing whilst at work, although I'm home. The ability only comes back if I get him to travel somewhere & then return home, but then when he goes to work and gets back, the problem occurs again. Also, he doesn't seem to be getting promoted at all, although I've done everything they've asked, he's energised and always completes his daily work out, also has a good mood. Hope you can help.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 not getting promoted, not able to access fridge or bookcase correctly Empty Re: Sims 4 not getting promoted, not able to access fridge or bookcase correctly

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Dec 2014, 21:04

xllmtx wrote:Hi I've been having trouble with a family that I made today (Sims 4) - Whenever he goes to work, when he arrives home he cannot "open" the fridge or the bookcase to see its contents (to choose what he wants to eat/read). I believe this is happening because it's still stating that my sim is at work, even once he's got home. I also can't access his inventory because of this - bascially I cannot do anything that it prevents you from doing whilst at work, although I'm home. The ability only comes back if I get him to travel somewhere & then return home, but then when he goes to work and gets back, the problem occurs again. Also, he doesn't seem to be getting promoted at all, although I've done everything they've asked, he's energised and always completes his daily work out, also has a good mood. Hope you can help.

Hello,

I recently had "only" the problem with the fridge, but that was resolved by simply exiting and re-starting the game. 

Did you save your game after that ? And did you recently add any mods or custom content ? If yes, you could try removing the stuff again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 not getting promoted, not able to access fridge or bookcase correctly Empty Re: Sims 4 not getting promoted, not able to access fridge or bookcase correctly

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:01

I've exited and restarted the game but had no luck. I did save the game yes. I recently installed the free Holiday Christmas package via Origin -
could this be the problem? I'm trying to work out how to run the game without this package in use, but I can't figure out how to do it via Origin.
Also, ideally I'd like to use the package with the game - I just don't get why it's stating my sim is still at work & therefore preventing him from doing stuff,
when he's NOT at work. Annoying! - Have there been reports of any bugs with the new careers (athletic & business?) -
Thanks for responding! Hope somebody can help w/this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:22

xllmtx wrote:I've exited and restarted the game but had no luck. I did save the game yes. I recently installed the free Holiday Christmas package via Origin -
could this be the problem? I'm trying to work out how to run the game without this package in use, but I can't figure out how to do it via Origin.
Also, ideally I'd like to use the package with the game - I just don't get why it's stating my sim is still at work & therefore preventing him from doing stuff,
when he's NOT at work. Annoying! - Have there been reports of any bugs with the new careers (athletic & business?) -
Thanks for responding! Hope somebody can help w/this.

I have a legit game and this Holiday Christmas Pack too, and no issues so far, besides this problem that was easily fixed by restarting. I guess you shouldn't have saved the game when you realized that issue. In general, NEVER save any game when you see that something is badly wrong. Even if you lose progress.

Other than that I can try doing some research on this; but that looks like an in-game bug to me...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Dec 2014, 12:42

The problem is occurring with almost all professions Not just the new ones so it doesn't seem to be an issue there. It's preventing me from playing the game now. Hope somebody can help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Jan 2015, 22:07

xllmtx wrote:The problem is occurring with almost all professions Not just the new ones so it doesn't seem to be an issue there. It's preventing me from playing the game now. Hope somebody can help.

Sorry for the very belated reply, but I've been away on vacation the last few weeks. I actually got the problem (I mentioned above) fixed by simply restarting the game. Other than that, I'm afraid I can't say more about it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top