Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Lagging and Closing with Blue Screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Lagging and Closing with Blue Screen Empty Game Lagging and Closing with Blue Screen

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jan 2015, 18:53

I finally downloaded it and installed the games, however the game is already lagging and yesterday in the middle of saving the game shut down and I was hit with the blue screen. That's never happened before so I'm kinda concerned. I haven't downloaded anything differently from before I factory reset so idk what's going on.

Helper edit: Separated this message from original topic, please open new thread anytime you want help with a different issue. Thanks!

- SvenT

Back to top Go down

Game Lagging and Closing with Blue Screen Empty Re: Game Lagging and Closing with Blue Screen

Post by Sim Architect Sat 03 Jan 2015, 12:57

Hi!

Sorry to hear that! What are your computer specifications (Windows Version, Processor, Free Space on your Main Hard Drive/SSD, RAM and Video Card)?

Did you follow all the steps in the link below carefully?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly?tid=3495f30973a5145b6185508c01b68849

Please, let us know, so we can assist you properly.

Cool

Happy New Year!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Game Lagging and Closing with Blue Screen Empty Re: Game Lagging and Closing with Blue Screen

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jan 2015, 21:26

I almost know the directions by heart since I've gotten Sims 3 from you guys so many times. 

I have Windows 7, 3.85 GB RAM usable out of 4 GB, Intel Pentium CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz, 405 GB free space left on Drive C and I have an Intel HD graphics card. 

I try not to download too many things at once because it always effects how often Sims 3 crashes, and I use as few mods as possible if I can. I haven't added even half of the stuff I had prior to factory reset and the blue screen has never ever happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jan 2015, 06:01

You meet the specs for the base game alone, but every pack/expansion puts more demand on the game, how many do you have installed currently? Also which blue screen are you getting? the blue screen of death or the blue screen of a driver failure?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 05:09

The blue screen of death. And I've included every single expansion, stuff packs, and mods before and have never gotten the blue screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 19:13

Okay, few things to try;

Load the game and in the options, make sure the in game online store is not enabled, its causes lag and crashes alot. For now aswell, turn the graphics options all the "low" or "off"

Try making a new town save and see if you still crash.

Try running the game without any cc or mods, including cc installed with the launcher. just move the folders with cc and mods onto the desktop, and run the game. Test again with a new town. If you use CC magic, disable CC in magic instead, and remember to refresh and rebuild.

Make sure drivers are updated, mainly your Intel graphics drivers, Intel have a auto detect and update program on their website for download. If there is a update for your drivers, make a system restore point before updating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 09 Jan 2015, 02:48

Vajtani76 wrote:Okay, few things to try;

Load the game and in the options, make sure the in game online store is not enabled, its causes lag and crashes alot. For now aswell, turn the graphics options all the "low" or "off"

Try making a new town save and see if you still crash.

Try running the game without any cc or mods, including cc installed with the launcher. just move the folders with cc and mods onto the desktop, and run the game. Test again with a new town. If you use CC magic, disable CC in magic instead, and remember to refresh and rebuild.

Make sure drivers are updated, mainly your Intel graphics drivers, Intel have a auto detect and update program on their website for download. If there is a update for your drivers, make a system restore point before updating.
What he said.

Your machine has a very low configuration considering what The Sims 3 demands, it's very likely the reason for you to be facing these issues... I really love the advice above, it's interesting (even a bit impressive) you didn't face the same problems on the very same computer before.

Please let us know if the advice above worked for you. Have a great weekend!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jan 2015, 04:55

I tried doing what was proposed above, even downloading the Intel Driver Installer to make sure it was all up to date. The installer installed and updated two drivers. I installed the Sims 3 base game and a few expansions to see if I had the same problems. Even with only a few expansions and all of the options on low, the game would crash.

If I hit the pause button before my laptop shut down, I was able to play the game again, but I'd have to save often to make sure not to lose any data; and this happens whether I have mods or not. The vent is never blocked and there's nothing but the essentials I need for day to day life, so the crashes are random.

Is there a way to increase the space my laptop holds in order to play for longer periods of time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 13 Jan 2015, 16:28

Hi! Please try my tutorial below, maybe it solves your problem (if it's related to overheat/overload/CPU throttle or freeze when in Turbo):

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jan 2015, 03:33

Ok, so as part of your tutorial, I set the system cooling policy to 'Active' instead of 'Passive' and instead of slowing the processor, it increases the fan speed first. To prevent overheating, I used a portable fan against the side of the vent to blow cool air. I noticed that if I changed the power settings from Battery Saver to HP Recommended, the settings go back to passive so I'm leaving it where it is. When the cooling policy was on active, I was able to play the game for days in a row (since I fell asleep playing) without it crashing.

I think others should look into doing the same. Even if they don't have a portable fan, as long as the vent isn't blocked you're good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 22 Jan 2015, 20:49

I am glad it worked! If you still have freezes, please remember to set the maximum CPU Speed to 99% instead of 100%, which will disable the "turbo" mode (as I also show in the video).

You should not use the HP settings, since you only change the "current mode" when you set the details as showed.

Please let's know how things go on the next few days, then I may close this topic. Happy simming!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top