Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help) Empty The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 17:03

Hello everyone, 
I'm new to this forum, so sorry if this has already been asked, but today I downloaded the newest update of The Sims 4 including the base game and some of it's DLCs. 

It was installed completely, but when I clicked on the game this showed up:

This is my first time downloading the game, so any help is appreciated.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help) Empty Re: The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 17:05

What exactly did you download? G4TW releases or my repack?

Run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help) Empty Re: The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 17:09

report:

Sorry if I didn't post it correctly. But, yes, it's from your repack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 17:16

Doesn't seem like you're missing any files (those are just DLCs you chose not to install). Are you sure you're starting the right exe? Open the folder you selected in validator and start "Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe". If that doesn't work, try moving the game to shorter path, like "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4". And if nothing helps - run validator again, this time uncheck "quick scan".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 18:00

I'm currently running the validator without the quick scan, but I can't find my Electronic Arts folder... Maybe that says something about the issue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 18:15

Right click on Documents -> Properties -> Security and make sure your account has full access to that folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 20:49

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 21:20

report:

Here is the complete scan. Hope this will solve the problem. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 21:26

Your installation folder is fine.

Did you try what I said in previous reply? It could be that the game can't access/create "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 21:53

I did, but it only showed a 'Library' option, for the Documents folder. Do you know if there is a solution for that?

Your help is very appreciated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 21:56

Click on location bar, type "%userprofile%" (without quotes) and press enter. Right click on Documents and etc. in opened folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:01

I checked and I have full permission. Is there any way I fix this issue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:09

The do the same with "Documents\Electronic Arts" and "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4".

You can also try taking the ownership of the folder. Right click, properties, security, advanced and change owner to yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:13

I have complete ownership over the files, so no changes needed here. Hopefully I'll find a solution, sorry for the bother. Thanks. c:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:15

You can also try moving the folder. You said you've got library option so I assume you've got Windows 7. I'm not sure but I think you can add another folder to the "Documents" library, set it as default and remove the previous one (just make sure to copy files over so you don't lose any settings saved there).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:18

Yes, should've mentioned that probably Razz. By creating a new folder, you mean the 'The Sims 4'?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:24

Oh wait, I think you can do it the same way you do in Windows 10. Right click on Documents, properties, location and just change the location. I keep mine on another partition, you can try doing the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:27

You can also try creating a new Windows user and starting the game there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:32

Could the problem be, that I left my folder named 'The Sims'? Also here are the contents of the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims:
The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help) Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:37

I used to have the game half a year ago on my PC, but I uninstalled it. And now, even after downloading your repack 3 times, it doesn't work. Hope there's a solution because I want to use your repack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:39

Nope, the game should create a new "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder. So there are three things I suggest to test, let me know if any of these work:
1. Rename "Documents\Electronic Arts" folder (for example to "Electronic Arts_", so the game creates a new one).
2. Change location of Documents folder.
3. Create a new Windows user.

BTW using another version of the game won't change anything. As I said, your installation files are fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 22:52

None of those worked, but I FINALLY found the solution: it was the renaming of the folder 'The Sims' to 'The Sims 4'. The game works.

Thank you so much for your help and contribution with the repack!!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help) Empty unable to start because game data is missing or damaged

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2019, 00:33

Hello I ran the validator and got this message can you plz help me.

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2019, 01:01

You didn't install part 2 of my patch. And why did you move those files there?
ep03/quicksfv.ini
gp01/dlc-toggler.exe
gp01/dlc-toggler.ini
gp01/language-changer.exe
gp02/patch-1.51.75.1020-p1.xbin
gp06/patch-1.51.75.1020-p2.xbin

dlc toggler and language changer should be in main installation folder. xbin file should be next to the setup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2019, 01:16

Sorry I am new to all of this and got sort of confused. I now placed the language changer in the main folder. while you were replying I decided to start from scratch...

I had ran the validator, but I felt I should just try again and see what happens. I extracted the files that you guys indicated in the patch notes, replaced the sims 4 game folder with the new one and placed the patched files in the folder. I ran the game with the setup 1.51.75 installer and it gave me the message "origin is not installed and is required to play your game"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top