Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error writing to file error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error writing to file error. [SOLVED] Empty Error writing to file error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 07:41

Hello again games4theworld,

I am having the exact same issue as another user per the install. Error writing to file C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\rld.dll

Verify that you have access to that directory. NOTE: I followed the instruction in regards to navigating to this specific file during the install and deleted it, reran the install with no change. Thank you for any help in advance!

//EDIT

NOTE: This issue has been resolved. I had to ultimately uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus because it was causing some type of rights issue with the folders that I was trying to copy some of the .dll files involved in from the fix. With Bitdefender free edition, it is impossible to add exceptions, which is really stupid! I uninstalled and restarted, re-installed the Sims 4 G4TW edition, then re-applied the fix which ultimately worked.

Back to top Go down

Error writing to file error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error writing to file error. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Feb 2015, 16:49

renzore101 wrote:Hello again games4theworld,

I am having the exact same issue as another user per the install. Error writing to file C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\rld.dll

Verify that you have access to that directory. NOTE: I followed the instruction in regards to navigating to this specific file during the install and deleted it, reran the install with no change. Thank you for any help in advance!

//EDIT

NOTE: This issue has been resolved. I had to ultimately uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus because it was causing some type of rights issue with the folders that I was trying to copy some of the .dll files involved in from the fix. With Bitdefender free edition, it is impossible to add exceptions, which is really stupid! I uninstalled and restarted, re-installed the Sims 4 G4TW edition, then re-applied the fix which ultimately worked.

Thank you for letting us know about this thing with "BitDefender", renzore ! Though I guess there would've been some sort of option to modify that, or some kind of "exlcusion list" too. But so be it. Good to hear it's solved now. Feel free to get in touch with us anytime again. Have fun ! Topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top