Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error Writing To File

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error Writing To File Empty Error Writing To File

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 21:19

I am on Team Viewer trying to install the Sims 4 on my grandmother's computer (she's been simming since The Sims) and I get this error when I am trying to install:
Error writing to file: C:/program files (x86)/electronicarts/thesims4/game/bin/rldorigin.dll.  Verify that you have access to that directory.  
I didn't have this problem when I installed it to my PC but have been trying since Friday night to install on hers.

//EDIT: Again, nevermind.  LOL.  I figured it out.  If anyone else has this issue here is what I did.  I restarted the PC (remotely) and then ran the .exe file as the administrator (right click on .exe from the .rar file) and allowed it to install.  Error Writing To File Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Error Writing To File Empty Re: Error Writing To File

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 23:40

Hello,
Please do not double post but edit your post like I did.
Is your problem solved? Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 01:21

No, it's not solved.  We'll the part I posted about is but now I'm having another issue.  I apologize for double posting.  First issue I am having now is "The dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize.  I followed what you guys had posted about downloading the three files and installing.  Didn't work.  So, I was just going to uninstall and start over again and now I'm getting "Could not update the ini file c:/program files (x86)/electronic arts/the sims 4/game/bin/rldorigin.ini.  Verify that the file exists and that you can access."  I've put many hours into installing this for my grandmother than I am not just at wits end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 07:35

Hello,
Please try to launch the installer as administrator (right-click and choose Run as administrator).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Oct 2014, 11:43

Bklynch85 wrote:No, it's not solved.  We'll the part I posted about is but now I'm having another issue.  I apologize for double posting.  First issue I am having now is "The dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize.  I followed what you guys had posted about downloading the three files and installing.  Didn't work.  So, I was just going to uninstall and start over again and now I'm getting "Could not update the ini file c:/program files (x86)/electronic arts/the sims 4/game/bin/rldorigin.ini.  Verify that the file exists and that you can access."  I've put many hours into installing this for my grandmother than I am not just at wits end.

//MOVED

Hello Bklynch85 and welcome,

Your initial problem - most likely - could have been solved by following my tip here, in this other topic:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18092-dll-error-strikes-again-solved

Basically, you should try installing those vcredist-files.

As for your rldorigin.ini, please navigate to the location of the file and DELETE it. Then try installing again. Good luck and keep us posted ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 19:37

I did follow the post: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18092-dll-error-strikes-again-solved.  Didn't do anything.

I also did try to run it as Admin.  Didn't do anything.

It's been almost a week of trying to install this for my grandmother with no luck.  Just going to completely delete it and be be done with it.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 Oct 2014, 19:42

Bklynch85 wrote:I did follow the post: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18092-dll-error-strikes-again-solved.  Didn't do anything.

I also did try to run it as Admin.  Didn't do anything.

It's been almost a week of trying to install this for my grandmother with no luck.  Just going to completely delete it and be be done with it.

Thanks.

Have you also tried completely de-activating your anti-virus software ? And then also try adding the install location of your game to the "exclusion list" of your anti-virus.

After that, re-apply the Ultimate fix here (instructions are included):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Good luck again ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 21:22

Yes, I deactivated her antivirus and even added the files to the list.  I had NO problem installing the game and running it on my laptop.  I followed the same exact steps on hers and can't get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 22:37

Bklynch85 wrote:Yes, I deactivated her antivirus and even added the files to the list.  I had NO problem installing the game and running it on my laptop.  I followed the same exact steps on hers and can't get it.

Hi there! Smile

Did you already try re-downloading the Ultimate Fix, with the antivirus disabled, and copy the 4 folders to the installation folder again? It's possible that the antivirus deleted a file from the Ultimate Fix when you downloaded it, so it must be re-downloaded.

Another thing you could try is uninstalling and reinstalling the vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64, that can also be found in the Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\_Installer\vc\vc2013\redist folder.

There's no need to give up, we'll try to help you as far as we can. Wink
Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top