Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Complete Collection - Not Enough Space - Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Complete Collection - Not Enough Space - Help! Empty The Sims 3 Complete Collection - Not Enough Space - Help!

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 03:20

Hey guys, so I downloaded the complete collection & installed the base game & 2 stuff packs but now I'm out of room on my computer. Before downloading I had 136 GB of free space on my computer. Is the game really that big or did I do something wrong? Help Please!!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Complete Collection - Not Enough Space - Help! Empty Re: The Sims 3 Complete Collection - Not Enough Space - Help!

Post by Sim Architect Fri 06 Feb 2015, 07:42

Welcome to Games 4 The World!

No, it should not be that big. The uncompressed installers take about 34 GB of disk space all together. Maybe you have two copies of them, one compressed, another decompressed, so they are taking twice the space? That would mean half of your previous free space gone (70 out of 126 GB), then you're probably left with about 40 GB of space after installing the game, which is a very limited space and Windows will warn you that your disk is almost full.

I guess you should try deleting the compressed installers after you check that you decompressed everything, and maybe other files you don't need anymore, like TV Shows and other large content you could have been downloading along the months/years, so you'd have more free space?

How much free space does your disk actually have right now? Remember that after deleting files, you need to empty the recycle bin on your desktop, or the space won't be freed up as well.

Please let us know how things turned out.

//EDIT:

Just in case you are wondering, I have all Expansions and Stuff Packs installed, plus "all" store content and a couple of tiny Custom Content Files, they occupy 33.6 GB inside of Program Files folder plus 16GB inside of the Documents folder. Considering you just have the game and two stuff packs, without custom content, you should be using much less space for your game within those folders. I don't know if the game saves large lumps of files inside of other folders in your drive.

Do you have another hard drive or another form of storage available to use, so you can free up some space? You could use that to move downloads and other stuff that doesn't have to be in your "C:" drive.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down