Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if you bought the base game but want to download the gamepack?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What if you bought the base game but want to download the gamepack? Empty What if you bought the base game but want to download the gamepack?

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 14:07

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post.. but how does it work when you want to download a gamepack but already have a base game registered with origin?

Back to top Go down

What if you bought the base game but want to download the gamepack? Empty Re: What if you bought the base game but want to download the gamepack?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Feb 2015, 22:41

shiley7 wrote:Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post.. but how does it work when you want to download a gamepack but already have a base game registered with origin?

//MOVED

Hello shiley7,

Some people have said they applied the Ultimate fix to a legit Sims 4 game, replacing all existing files and folders when prompted. And of course, you should NOT start Origin before playing the game (unless you want to use the gallery, in which case you may read up on this guide here).

Get the Ultimate fix here, and apply it to your legit game, by copying the files/folders to your game install location. And replace all existing files when prompted !

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

This will then update your game and get you the DLC like the Outdoor retreat.

Also, you may want to take note of this very important guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-2-2015

Personally, I would actually recommend you un-install your legit Sims 4 from Origin, re-boot the computer, and then re-download the Games4TheWorld one. The registry entries for instance are not the same in legit game and the pirated version. Which might cause conflicts...but you may do as you wish. What if you bought the base game but want to download the gamepack? Icon_smile  I myself un-installed the legit game from Origin properly, and then simply re-downloaded the G4TW version. And everything works as smooth as silk for me. 

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top