Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Help Sims 3 service installation error 0x039e8474

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please Help Sims 3 service installation error 0x039e8474 Empty Please Help Sims 3 service installation error 0x039e8474

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 07:02

Hi,

I hope you can help me.  I was cleaning out my computer/deleting duplicate files and updating drivers.  Now every time i try to start my Daughters Sims 3 game I am receiveing the error stated in post title.

I have tried everything I could find on here already.  Went through steps #2-4 of how to insall correctly/Downloaded ultimate fix and went through the steps/ did manual patch even though it was already up to date/ deleted .bad and .package files/ used the registry tool, only to find that every time I hit "fix it" another error -  "no value" -was all that would come up.  I have bipassed desktop Launcher....I am lost over here.

I obviously deleted or cleaned some registry I shouldn't have.  Is there anything I can do.  Of course it's Friday and she has waited all week to play. 
Thank  you in advance
De

Back to top Go down

Please Help Sims 3 service installation error 0x039e8474 Empty Re: Please Help Sims 3 service installation error 0x039e8474

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 08:23

On game launch, the following error will occur and prevent the game from playing: Service initialization failed (0x065d0274) 

Most likely this is due to custom content being in the game that is not compatible with your current version. It can also arise when your cache has not been cleared from a previous install or game save and has become corrupted. Clearing out any modifications to the game and your cache should resolve the issue. 
To do that follow the steps below: 

To clear your game cache: 
Go to The Sims 3 in your Documents folder: 

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 
Vista or 7: C:\Users\"username"\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 
Mac: \Users\"username"\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 
Look for any of the following files ending in .package and delete it: 

Create-a-Sim Cache: CasPartCache.package 
Build/Buy mode cache: compositorCache.package 
Mod or custom content cache: scriptCache.package 
New Sims and skin cache: simCompositorCache.package 
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it. 

Check the game at this point. If it still gives the same error you can clear your Worlds Cache: 
NOTICE: Mac users will skip this steps. 
Go back to your The Sims 3 folder and look for WorldCaches and delete anything inside of it. 
To remove custom content or mods: 
Go to The Sims 3 in your Documents folder: 

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\ 
Vista or 7: C:\Users\"username"\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\ 
Mac: \Users\"username"\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\ 
If you wish to get rid of them completely, delete anything within the "Mods" or "Packages" folder. 
-If you wish to save them, right-click on the "Mods" folder and select "Cut" and then right-click on your desktop and "Paste".

Back to top Go down

Please Help Sims 3 service installation error 0x039e8474 Empty Re: Please Help Sims 3 service installation error 0x039e8474

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 16:55

I did everything you wrote, no luck.  Still getting the same error. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 21 Feb 2015, 19:26

I would advise you to rename the folder The Sims 3 inside of your Documents/Electronic Arts Folder first, and try running the game.

If it doesn't work, please, uninstall your game completely (keeping that folder above with a different name or moved into another disk), then install it again from scratch, following very carefully the steps on the link below.

Games4theWorld Install Sims 3

Please, let us know how things turned out after you are done, so we can assist you further or close the topic.

Welcome to the Games4TheWorld Forum!!!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top