Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

accidentally change the default program

View previous topic View next topic Go down

accidentally change the default program Empty accidentally change the default program

Post by Guest Mon 23 Feb 2015, 13:45

I happened to change the default programs that read / open .PACKAGE files. How do I change back? alternatively find the right program. I thought it looked like a .dll file of some sort before I accidentally change. (Windows shel) or something like that. I play Sims3 with all extension packs installed on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Please HELP

Back to top Go down

accidentally change the default program Empty Re: accidentally change the default program

Post by Guest Mon 23 Feb 2015, 15:16

Windows 7: Default File Type Associations - Restore
This is probably what you need. Don't know if it will work, you will have to find out for yourself.
I also think the game should work if the files are in the wright place, regardless of what program is set as default for that file.

Back to top Go down

accidentally change the default program Empty Re: accidentally change the default program

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Feb 2015, 19:44

thesaint007 wrote:I happened to change the default programs that read / open .PACKAGE files. How do I change back? alternatively find the right program. I thought it looked like a .dll file of some sort before I accidentally change. (Windows shel) or something like that. I play Sims3 with all extension packs installed on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Please HELP

Welcome thesaint007 and sorry for the belated reply,

In addition to what the previous poster said, you actually don't need to open .package files at all, unless you are interested in modding. But the average user doesn't need that.

One possibility to "open" those files is with the "Sims 3 package editor" (or "S3PE", google for it if you want). I think in the properties of the .package files you can set the default program too, with which to open them. So right-click on any .package file, and go to Properties. In the "General"-tab under "open with"...chose the Sims 3 Package Editor. 

Normally, if you did it right, every time you double-click on a .package file, it will open in S3PE then. Good luck and keep us posted if you like ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top