Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My game is held together with ducktape and prayers - Multiple issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My game is held together with ducktape and prayers - Multiple issues Empty My game is held together with ducktape and prayers - Multiple issues

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2016, 07:28

Right! Let's preface with this: The majority of my games, including basegame and the majority of expansion and stuff packs are legit copies. I've only pirated those I was missing, which included Sweet Treats, 70s, 80s, 90s, Movie Stuff and Into The Future. Applied the Ultimate Fix to the base game as described here and also did the manual patch, patched expansion packs and everything.

I have a lot of CC and most of it I can't remove as I need it in order to play the sort of game I do. I also have a household with easily 30+ sims, something I also need but would like to avoid changing as it would only make my work more difficult. Now, onto the meat!

I'm getting two very common errors through, and I know it's ****, but Crash Log Analyzer. At this point, I'll take any scrap of information I can get. My game seems to crash reliably at two points; The first is when I enter CAS in my neighbourhood and I exit, then save afterwards. The game will seem to save normally and crash a few minutes in, and the error provided is max memory reached.

The second error is when building in Build/Buy and after a certain amount of time passes and I exit Build/Buy, it crashes. CLA claims the cause is CC, but using Dashboard I have nothing wrong but two pieces of conflicting CC, which I am not sure is causing the issue. Then again, it could be...

If anyone has any advice for me, I'm all ears. I've had no problem with restarting my save in the same world and placing my lots and household down again but it seems that problems start with the household, which could be the cause of the memory crashes, but that still leaves the CC one. Spitballing here, I guess.

Back to top Go down

My game is held together with ducktape and prayers - Multiple issues Empty Re: My game is held together with ducktape and prayers - Multiple issues

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 07 Jul 2016, 11:28

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

For how long have you played that particular world? Savefiles become too bulky after a while, and it can be useful to decrapify it from time to time. A link can be found here and yes, it is the exact same tool that is used to decrap sims3packs for cracked use. You don't need to use all of the contents in that folder, just decrapify.exe ought to do.
Please do create a backup of your savegame before doing this though, just in case it goes wrong, because you can't go back.

Then again, you may want to skip that and use Nraas Porter to pack all those sims up and move them into a new neighbourhood (and thus, new savegame). It can be a bit of a pain, because the families will be placed in lots randomly and you'll have to save your own buildings and the lots you modified and place them all manually. But, all of your residents relationships and their jobstatus is preserved with the use of this mod.

As for your second error, the only way to find out conclusively if it is in fact a CC crash, is to run some tests without CC. You can take the "The Sims 3" folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts temporarily to test this. It might be a good idea to run these tests with your current neighbourhood though, so you'll have to copy that particular savegame into the newly generated "The Sims 3" folder that'll appear once you start the game or launcher.

Good luck, and let us know how this works out.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)