Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed wrong can't uninstall base game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed wrong can't uninstall base game. [SOLVED] Empty Installed wrong can't uninstall base game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 08:30

Hello everyone. I recently downloaded and attempted to install the complete collection but realized I did it wrong and can't uninstall the base game. The files are gone so yeah.... I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Everytime I try to uninstall from the control panel it gives me some odd error message. The code says
>SetupNew/setup.cpp
Papp
Pvendor
Pguid
$15.00.498

. Oh and if it helps, I'm installing on an external Hard drive.

Back to top Go down

Installed wrong can't uninstall base game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installed wrong can't uninstall base game. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Mar 2015, 05:11

Jabbrwockii wrote:Hello everyone. I recently downloaded and attempted to install the complete collection but realized I did it wrong and can't uninstall the base game. The files are gone so yeah.... I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Everytime I try to uninstall from the control panel it gives me some odd error message. The code says
>SetupNew/setup.cpp
Papp
Pvendor
Pguid
$15.00.498

. Oh and if it helps, I'm installing on an external Hard drive.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I once wrote a guide on here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

It may be lengthy and difficult to read, but that should help you get rid of any improperly (un-)installed Sims 3 applications. Note that you will need to focus ONLY on the stuff about the Sims 3 base game, since you seemingly have no other expansions. Good luck and keep us posted !

P.S. after you deleted the relevant stuff, please make sure to re-boot the computer, to complete the un-install.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Installed wrong can't uninstall base game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installed wrong can't uninstall base game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 05:14

I finally figured it out with a PC Geek friend of mine. I'm currently re-installing TS3 and the expansions again. Thank you though, you may close and archive this post now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Mar 2015, 05:23

Jabbrwockii wrote:I finally figured it out with a PC Geek friend of mine. I'm currently re-installing TS3 and the expansions again. Thank you though, you may close and archive this post now.

You may still want to bookmark the guide I linked to, for future reference. And from my own experience, I actually avoid uninstalling anything on Windows systems, because of exactly these issues. If something goes wrong (which happens very often, even to experienced users) then you can bet to spend a long time on getting rid of the stuff.

Make sure to do all installations properly, then you should be fine. 

Feel free to open a new thread at anytime, if you have anything else to ask or chat about. Problem solved, topic closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top