Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I missing something?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Am I missing something? Empty Am I missing something?

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2011, 05:06

Alright so I had the base game and it was working fine. I hadn't played sims in...you don't want to know how long. I figured I wanted to put mods on the game, so I needed to update it. The launcher was being silly, so I tried the manual patch and it is saying that I am missing files. So I ran the sims 3 patch log viewer to find out what I'm missing and now I know that I'm missing dialoglogo 128x 128.jpg, but I can't find it anywhere. I checked your downloads and I didn't see the base game (Maybe I'm being blind again...) It updated to 1.24 anyway, but when I open the game it says the whole unofficial mods to the game, update mods or face errors thing. I saw alot of people dealing with that so I just click continue and then I get another error called "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x039e8474). I tried making more space and looking for help, but nothing seems to work....help?

Back to top Go down

Am I missing something? Empty Re: Am I missing something?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Sep 2011, 09:34

Hello,
G4TW does have a release of the base game, you can find it on the official website or the G4TW The Pirate Bay page, both links can be found in my signature.
If you're going to patch to 1.24, you also need a compatible crack which is why your game is no longer working. G4TW has fix, but you need Town Life Stuff or Generations to make it work. All of these can also be found on the 2 downloadpages in my signature.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)