Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: Complete Collection Problem [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

crack-folder - The Sims 3: Complete Collection Problem [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3: Complete Collection Problem [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2015, 17:28

Hello, 

Today I downloaded the Sims 3: Complete Collection from games4theworld via their official site. I have had one problem with it though.

In step 3 of the base game installation, it says, "After the installation finished, open the "# Crack" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop (or copy) the "TS3.exe" file in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin  and choose "Replace" on the popup that appears, telling you the file already exists."

My problem is that in the "# Crack folder", there is NO TS3.exe file in there. I only have the 1.67 update file, TS3W.exe, and TSLHost.dll. How do I proceed if there is no file? Is there a way I can download that single file only to proceed onward?

(Also, not sure if this is related, but when installing the base game, it didn't ask me for a serial code.)

Thank you for reading, and I hope someone responds soon; I really want to play Sims!

Last edited by SvenT on Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:55; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Solved :))

Back to top Go down

crack-folder - The Sims 3: Complete Collection Problem [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3: Complete Collection Problem [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2015, 18:02

TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll are the crack files you need.

Back to top Go down

crack-folder - The Sims 3: Complete Collection Problem [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3: Complete Collection Problem [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2015, 18:15

Yes, I need those later on, once the base game is already installed fully. But like I said, in step three of the base game installation, it says to replace the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin file TS3.exe.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 Mar 2015, 05:23

litosts wrote:Yes, I need those later on, once the base game is already installed fully. But like I said, in step three of the base game installation, it says to replace the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin file TS3.exe.

I guess that's a typo. After you updated the game to 1.67 (with the manual patch from the #crack-folder), and also installed at least one of the other expansions or stuffpacks, please COPY both the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files, inside the #crack-folder of your TS3 Complete Collection. And paste them into your base game location, which will typically be located in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

When prompted, select "copy and replace" for both files. And that should do. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Mar 2015, 10:27

"TS3.exe" is from the base game installation guide. You don't need that old thing.

This upload includes ALL The Sims 3 expansion packs and stuff packs. They are packed in separate
folders, so you can decide which ones you want to install. EACH FOLDER HAS A SEPARATE
"# Installation Guide.txt" FILE WHICH CONTAINS THE SERIAL CODE NECESSARY TO INSTALL THAT GAME.

Here are the overall instructions to get the game to work:

1. Install the base game FIRST. It's in the folder called "The Sims 3". (Otherwise you can't
install any expansion packs)

2. Now open the "# Crack" folder in this .RAR file and run the "TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe"
file. This will update your game to version 1.67. (Latest version at moment of release)

3. Install any expansion packs and stuff packs that you like.

4. Open the "# Crack" folder in this .RAR file again and drag & drop (or copy) the "TS3W.exe"
AND the "TSLHost.dll" file in there to exactly:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (SO NOT THE EXPANSION'S INSTALLATION
FOLDER, BUT THE BASE GAME'S INSTALLATION FOLDER INSTEAD!!!) and choose "Replace" on the popup
that appears, telling you the files already exist.

5. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Mar 2015, 14:57

Thank you guys! Did just that and everything is working all right so far. The game is a little slow and laggy for some reason but it doesn't bother me all that much. 

Cheers, and thanks for the great upload, games4theworld!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:55

Problem Solved, topic closed. Happy Simming!!

Tea 4 Tea 4
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top