Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED] Empty The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 03:35

I just wanna note that I searched the forums to find someone with the same issue that I'm having, and I did find 1 thread that was created 2 days ago, but it didn't really help me.

So I had just re-downloaded the torrent file for The Sims Complete Collection.
When it finished downloading, I opened it up on winRAR and extracted it to a folder on my Desktop.
Then I tried to follow the first step on the Installation Guide, which is "Open the 'start.exe' and follow on screen instructions."
I tried opening it, and it looked like it was loading, but nothing happened.
I then Ctrl+Alt+Delete to see if it was running, and it was. "start.exe *32"
Nothing is appearing before my face. The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED] 2279017149

What am I doing wrong?

Btw, I'm using Windows 7.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:11

Hello,

I'm not sure what to tell you, please check back later for Admin's reply.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 15:59

same things happening to me. the screen goes black and then goes right back to the desktop..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 16:31

I'm sorry if i use this post to repport another problem, just thought it would be like two bids in one stone Smile

I've managed to install the Sims 1 complete collection correctly but the expansion just keeps on loading when I run the game. I've read about others having this problem going on for hours but I haven't seen a solution for it yet.

Would love to get on playing really soon! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 17:34

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I'm not sure what to tell you, please check back later for Admin's reply.

Thanks for replying! Smile
Woke up this morning and tried to run the "start.exe" and it ran perfectly. cheers
I'm not 100% sure, but I guess I needed to restart my computer.

So let's see if I can get this baby to work. cat

//EDIT

Martiniqe wrote:I'm sorry if i use this post to repport another problem, just thought it would be like two bids in one stone Smile

I've
managed to install the Sims 1 complete collection correctly but the
expansion just keeps on loading when I run the game. I've read about
others having this problem going on for hours but I haven't seen a
solution for it yet.

Would love to get on playing really soon! Thank you!

Installation was perfect! YAY!
But
now I'm having the same problem as Martinique. It doesn't really affect
the gameplay, but it's just an annoyance. Should we be concerned about
it?
Thanks a bunch!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 14 Apr 2012, 19:29

Hello,

I've recently received a report that if you run the game as an Administrator (Right-click on the .exe file and choose "Run as Admin"), the expansions could take up to 4 hours to load. The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED] 2279017149
But after that, they should work fine.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Apr 2012, 19:58

Admin wrote:Hello,

I've recently received a report that if you run the game as an Administrator (Right-click on the .exe file and choose "Run as Admin"), the expansions could take up to 4 hours to load. The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED] 2279017149

[Sarcasm]Phew that's a relief.[/Sarcasm]
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 21:46

Admin wrote:Hello,

Sooo...that means...we have to wait up to 4 hours before playing and that's it? How come that it seems like just some people have this problem, would reinstall do any help? Anyways, thanks for the fast respons! Splendid Very Happy

//EIT

Good news everyone! Just started up the game as admin, went to the kitchen for a minute and when I came back the game was all set! Can even minimize the game wich I couldn't do before. So hey Sunshinekitten, just try what the admin said. Haven't really started playing yet but it seems like it's all fine now Smile

Thanks alot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 22:15

I did run the "start.exe" as an administrator yesterday when I couldn't get it to work. But after I turned off my computer for the night and came back in the morning, it was working fine. Smile

So the game is working pretty well. There are a few minor bugs, but nothing I can't handle.

Thanks a bunch everyone!! The Sims 1 Complete Collection installation problem :(.[SOLVED] 567613

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:13

Hello,

That’s good to hear.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:04

Noted!

Happy simming all! The Sims Plumbob 1
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top