Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ipdated with sims 4 fix no. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ipdated with sims 4 fix no. [SOLVED] Empty Ipdated with sims 4 fix no. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 28 Mar 2015, 22:13

hi,

i recentley updated my sims 4 with your latest ultimate fix. ive only ever downloaded from your site so it was starnge when i noticed that when i played, no only did origin have my username, but the "holiday pack" and "outdoor pack" no longer works. i did reinstall the fix again, but they both niether pack works. the game functions on the base game without the additional pack. is there anything i can do?

Back to top Go down

Ipdated with sims 4 fix no. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ipdated with sims 4 fix no. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 28 Mar 2015, 22:16

Hi there, @GemzSt4r! Smile

The problem is that you have Origin open and running in the background. This will make your username appear and all of the DLC will be disabled. So, close Origin and start the game again. If you still can't find the DLC, then apply the Fix again. This should make the DLC reappear.

Every time you want to play the game (and don't want to use the Gallery) then Origin needs to be closed, or this will happen. Please, let us know how it goes and good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Ipdated with sims 4 fix no. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ipdated with sims 4 fix no. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Mar 2015, 03:23

GemzSt4r wrote:hi,

i recentley updated my sims 4 with your latest ultimate fix. ive only ever downloaded from your site so it was starnge when i noticed that when i played, no only did origin have my username, but the "holiday pack" and "outdoor pack" no longer works. i did reinstall the fix again, but they both niether pack works. the game functions on the base game without the additional pack. is there anything i can do?

Adding to what SeoY said, I think a huge problem that most people underestimate, is this here:

Ipdated with sims 4 fix no. [SOLVED] 42I72wS

The option that I marked with a red arrow here ("Automatically launch Origin when I log on to Windows") is ticked by default. That means that every time you boot up Windows, the small window prompting you to enter the Origin ID and password will pop up. And when you then try to start the game, it doesn't start up at all, or you will have other severe issues.

I'd suggest you navigate in your Origin client to the button "Origin" (top left of the window). And then to "Application  Settings". In the "General"-tab, UNMARK this option that I talked about now. 

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 07:23

Carlos wrote:
GemzSt4r wrote:hi,

Adding to what SeoY said, I think a huge problem that most people underestimate, is this here:

Ipdated with sims 4 fix no. [SOLVED] 42I72wS

The option that I marked with a red arrow here ("Automatically launch Origin when I log on to Windows") is ticked by default. That means that every time you boot up Windows, the small window prompting you to enter the Origin ID and password will pop up. And when you then try to start the game, it doesn't start up at all, or you will have other severe issues.

I'd suggest you navigate in your Origin client to the button "Origin" (top left of the window). And then to "Application  Settings". In the "General"-tab, UNMARK this option that I talked about now. 

Good luck !

went on to my origin and that box was already unticked. so i then disabled "origin in game" then redone the ultimate fix. still no change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 07:28

GemzSt4r wrote:
went on to my origin and that box was already unticked. so i then disabled "origin in game" then redone the ultimate fix. still no change.

That option is so that Origin doesn't open automatically when the computer starts, and keep itself open (and hidden). If it's already open then you need to close it.

Disabling Origin in game won't be enough. You have to actually close Origin completely, as I said in my previous post. Make sure that it's also closed in the Notification Area/System Tray. Smile

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 07:42

thanks any. i ended up redownloading the latest fix from your site again and applied it, as i think i was previously updating it with an older fix. its all working now.

thanks for you help.

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun ! Smile 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top