Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Can I install certain expansions later?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Can I install certain expansions later? Empty Sims 3 Can I install certain expansions later?

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:44

Basically what the title says. I am going to use Generations, Town Life Stuff, and Late Night. I plan on downloading Pets when it comes out.

I was wondering if I could download and install the rest of the expansion packs at a little bit of a later date. I do plan on downloading them, but it takes a while for them all to finish, and I really want to start playing.

Is it possible to download them at a later date and then use the fixes? I understand the whole downloading and installing process, I'm just confused on this matter. Smile

DreamerHorse

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Can I install certain expansions later? Empty Re: Sims 3 Can I install certain expansions later?

Post by Admin Sun 04 Sep 2011, 13:42

Hello,

If you now only have the base game, I recommend you wait and install all the expansions together. (Including Pets)
You can now install everything up to Town Life Stuff and then use this Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

In this case you can play fine. If you wish to wait for Pets, wait for the Fix to get updated and then install Pets and apply the Fix.

These instructions will be updated by then too.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Can I install certain expansions later? Empty Re: Sims 3 Can I install certain expansions later?

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 13:58

So I can go off and install the three, apply the fix for the three, then install pets when it comes out and and then install the fix?

Waiting does seem tempting, but I'm not much of a patient person. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 04 Sep 2011, 14:05

DreamerHorse wrote:So I can go off and install the three, apply the fix for the three, then install pets when it comes out and and then install the fix?

Waiting does seem tempting, but I'm not much of a patient person. xD
Hello,

Yes, you can install these three and then apply the Fix. If done correctly it should work fine.
When Pets is released, the Fix is also updated afterwards. When the Fix is up-to-date again, you can safely install Pets and then re-download (Don't use the old one!) and re-apply the Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top