Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start...[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start...[SOLVED] Empty Unable to start...[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:57

Hello everyone!!

I've just downloaded the GTW expansion and the base game, but had only installed Sims 4 base when the next messaje popped-up:

"Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. 
[d6f91ffb]"

Any ideas why this showed up? I followed all the instructions and applied the crack as you explain on the text file.

Tried to uninstall with Your Uninstaller Pro, but the issues keeps happening. Sad

Back to top Go down

Unable to start...[SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start...[SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Apr 2015, 07:46

TCPCohen wrote:Hello everyone!!

I've just downloaded the GTW expansion and the base game, but had only installed Sims 4 base when the next messaje popped-up:

"Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. 
[d6f91ffb]"

Any ideas why this showed up? I followed all the instructions and applied the crack as you explain on the text file.

Tried to uninstall with Your Uninstaller Pro, but the issues keeps happening. Sad

Hello,

Did you make sure to configure ALL your anti-virus systems properly ? See this guide here for an introduction to the subject matter (note: you may need to do some additional research on your own too):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Some people have also said that deleting the folder "The Sims 4" from My Documents/Electronic Arts can solve the issue too, but if you have any savefiles already, I guess you wouldn't want to lose them.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 09:39

Hello, Carlos!!

Thanks for your answer. I fixed it yesterday moving the folder "The Sims 4" from My Documents, yes. I followed this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
Just in case someone has the same issues in a future.
I'm playing on a Mac with Parallels Desktop and it is running perfectly now.

Thanks again. Have a good day!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Apr 2015, 16:54

TCPCohen wrote:Hello, Carlos!!

Thanks for your answer. I fixed it yesterday moving the folder "The Sims 4" from My Documents, yes. I followed this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
Just in case someone has the same issues in a future.
I'm playing on a Mac with Parallels Desktop and it is running perfectly now.

Thanks again. Have a good day!

Yes, that is the alternative method, but as I hinted, if you have savefiles that you want to keep, this is probably not going to be an option. I have seen myself a few cases where people got an error like this, and it was fixed by re-applying the "Ultimate fix".

Good to hear you managed to fix it. Smile  Feel free to open a new thread, anytime. Have fun ! The topic is closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top