Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't load household after GTW [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't load household after GTW [SOLVED] Empty Can't load household after GTW [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 13:21

So I installed the Get To Work EP. I ran my game, everything was fine, I was sent to the main menu, but when I clicked the big
"Play" button and was sent to the map view, I could not load any lot. I clicked on my house, choose to play with the household,
was given a loading screen and then the game just kicked me out back to the map.
Same with every other household, and even community lots. Also, the new world was not installed at all,
I just have the two old worlds (Willow Creek and Oasis Springs), and the Ooudoor Retreat GP's world, Granit Falls.

I am complety offline, Origin is not running, I have no idea what to do.
Can you please help me?

//EDIT

Update: 
I deleted all of my mods and applied the latest ultimate fix that you provide.
I tried to run the game, and a message popped and said that I have an old version,
so the game can not be launched. I took the GTW files from your RAR, amd applied them
again, over the files that I already have in my C disk.

I launched my game.

I got to the main menu, and the game popped a message about the new careers.
The problem is that nothing was written. All the text was just gone.
I had a huge message with pictures from the new careers and their logos, but
instead of text that should explain new features, everything was blank.

I skipped back to my saved game, where the worlds were sorted in a new way on
the left corner, just as they should have. I took a look and the new world was there.

I got back to Willow Creek, chose my household and this time my game let me in,
so I could see the house from the inside.

A new problem accured:
I have a household with two young adult and a baby.
My two young adults are missing from the house,
while the baby is ok.
My young adults are both at the "fine" emotion, and their portrait is ok.
But when I click on their little portrait at the bottom,
I have options to "care for self", "build skill", "gain realationship" and so.
It was written that they are at home, but the game is treating them as if they are
on another lot. I can't even bring them back to their home.
They are just missing.
The baby is on the lot, however, and I can see it. She moves, smiles and wave her hands,
as if she doesn't know that her parents are missing.

All the content of the EP is in the game, so that is not a problem.
I just wonder what happened to my young adults.

//EDIT

UPDATE 2: I found a solution!
My game works perfectly fine now, I don't need help anymore.

Thank you for your wonderful work G4TW!

Back to top Go down

Can't load household after GTW [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't load household after GTW [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 23:15

Hi there! What exactly did you do to solve the problem? Because I'm having the same exact problem. It started a while ago. A few hours ago I was playing just fine but afterwards when I saved the game and got out (and then came back), it won't let me play any household.

Back to top Go down

Can't load household after GTW [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't load household after GTW [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 23:36

feycat wrote:So I installed the Get To Work EP. I ran my game, everything was fine, I was sent to the main menu, but when I clicked the big
"Play" button and was sent to the map view, I could not load any lot. I clicked on my house, choose to play with the household,
was given a loading screen and then the game just kicked me out back to the map.
Same with every other household, and even community lots. Also, the new world was not installed at all,
I just have the two old worlds (Willow Creek and Oasis Springs), and the Ooudoor Retreat GP's world, Granit Falls.

I am complety offline, Origin is not running, I have no idea what to do.
Can you please help me?

//EDIT

Update: 
I deleted all of my mods and applied the latest ultimate fix that you provide.
I tried to run the game, and a message popped and said that I have an old version,
so the game can not be launched. I took the GTW files from your RAR, amd applied them
again, over the files that I already have in my C disk.

I launched my game.

I got to the main menu, and the game popped a message about the new careers.
The problem is that nothing was written. All the text was just gone.
I had a huge message with pictures from the new careers and their logos, but
instead of text that should explain new features, everything was blank.

I skipped back to my saved game, where the worlds were sorted in a new way on
the left corner, just as they should have. I took a look and the new world was there.

I got back to Willow Creek, chose my household and this time my game let me in,
so I could see the house from the inside.

A new problem accured:
I have a household with two young adult and a baby.
My two young adults are missing from the house,
while the baby is ok.
My young adults are both at the "fine" emotion, and their portrait is ok.
But when I click on their little portrait at the bottom,
I have options to "care for self", "build skill", "gain realationship" and so.
It was written that they are at home, but the game is treating them as if they are
on another lot. I can't even bring them back to their home.
They are just missing.
The baby is on the lot, however, and I can see it. She moves, smiles and wave her hands,
as if she doesn't know that her parents are missing.

All the content of the EP is in the game, so that is not a problem.
I just wonder what happened to my young adults.

//EDIT

UPDATE 2: I found a solution!
My game works perfectly fine now, I don't need help anymore.

Thank you for your wonderful work G4TW!

Hi there, @feycat! Smile

Sorry that we couldn't get to you sooner.
Could you tell us exactly what you did to solve the problem? It may help other users that have the same issues. We can close the topic afterwards. Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Apr 2015, 07:30

@feycat: errors like that are often caused by anti-virus system(s) messing with the crack of the Ultimate fix. Is that what you found out ? Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 22:54

I would love to help! What was causing the problems was just outdated CAS CC.
I'm not sure wich category exactly, but I'm guessing it was the hair, not clothes.
I checked all of my objects CC, one by one, and almost all of them were fine.

A useful tip: Keep your Mods folder orgenized with sub folders like "Objects", "CAS", "Gameplay", etc. It will help you find the bad CC much quickly.

Edit: "much quickly"? What was I thinking? Oh my, my English is so bad it hurts. My apologies, English is not my native language  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 01:45

hmm but I dont have any outdated CAS CC, I barely downloaded the game + expansion pack a few days ago fresh to my new laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 01:49

Are you on laptop mode? I heard that sometimes this mode causes problems with torrent versions of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 18:02

Laptop mode? I'm not sure what you're referring to. I added Sims 4 to my list of exceptions in the Antivirus (McAfee) but I'm still having the problem WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//EDIT

UPDATE: I deleted my Sims 4 folder in Documents and it all works fine now Smile I lost my saved games but at least it works perfectly now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Apr 2015, 23:14

Karinanie wrote:Laptop mode? I'm not sure what you're referring to. I added Sims 4 to my list of exceptions in the Antivirus (McAfee) but I'm still having the problem WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//EDIT

UPDATE: I deleted my Sims 4 folder in Documents and it all works fine now Smile I lost my saved games but at least it works perfectly now.

It's good that you were able to solve it! Very Happy

About McAfee, you may need to think about getting a different antivirus from that one. It's not very good, or recommended, and can cause some issues in the long run. Of course, that is your call.

Problem solved, topic closed. Please, if you ever encounter any other issues, don't doubt to come back. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top