Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Household won't load?.. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Household won't load?.. [SOLVED] Empty Household won't load?.. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 13:43

Okay call me dumb but I just intalled all the updates and expantions for sims 4 all from this website. When I started up the game to my delight it all loaded fine... until I tried accessing the household I had before the update.
It goes to the loading screen, then jumps back to the world view with the 4 circles. 
I honestly have no idea what's causing this as I followed instructions perfectly, and I uninstalled mods, cleared cache, everything I can think of and it still doesn't work Sad

Thanks or a quick reply!

Back to top Go down

Household won't load?.. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Household won't load?.. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Aug 2015, 02:55

jihaleh wrote:Okay call me dumb but I just intalled all the updates and expantions for sims 4 all from this website. When I started up the game to my delight it all loaded fine... until I tried accessing the household I had before the update.
It goes to the loading screen, then jumps back to the world view with the 4 circles. 
I honestly have no idea what's causing this as I followed instructions perfectly, and I uninstalled mods, cleared cache, everything I can think of and it still doesn't work Sad

Thanks or a quick reply!

//MOVED

Hello,

The best advice I can give you is this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Ignore the part about avast (unless you yourself have avast, too), and focus on the parts about Windows Defender and the Windows firewall. Household won't load?.. [SOLVED] Icon_smile  And as for your main anti-virus program, if you have such, you'll need to figure out how to configure the exclusions properly. I suggest you add the location C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4 to the exclusions then.

After that, please re-extract the contents from the .RARs that you downloaded, and re-apply the Ultimate fix.

ALSO very important, delete all your old shortcuts to TS4 on the desktop. Navigate to the new install location - again, that's C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin - right-click on the TS4.exe, and select "send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)".

Now start the game again (from the new shortcut you made), and see if it works. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 12:04

Thank you Carlos but it ended up not being an issue lol

I restarted my game 2-3 times and it ended up loading. Still not quite sure what the problem was.

I thought I had deleted my original post but good info to know anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 14:59

jihaleh wrote:Thank you Carlos but it ended up not being an issue lol

I restarted my game 2-3 times and it ended up loading. Still not quite sure what the problem was.

I thought I had deleted my original post but good info to know anyway Smile

Hi there!

Glad that you were able to get it to work. Thanks for letting us know!

As your problem is solved, I'll close this topic now. Do let us know if you ever encounter any other issues or if you have any questions. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top