Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*PLEASE HELP* Household won't load? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*PLEASE HELP* Household won't load? [SOLVED] Empty *PLEASE HELP* Household won't load? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jun 2017, 12:32

Hello everyone! Smile

Yes, I belong into the ''my household won't load'' team...
I read probably every single topic on this forum and around the internet on how to solve the infinite loading screen when I try to move my sims into the house.
Let me explain further.

Everything works perfectly when I launch the game... I go to the create a sim, I create a family and then boom! When I select the house where I want my family to live the never ending loading screen appears.

I tried everything. EVERYTHING

- I reinstalled game - didn't work.
- reinstalled each pack individually - didn't work when I installed parenthood
- I tried to remove my custom content - didn't work
- changed graphics, turned on laptop mode - didn't work
- downloaded a fix and the latest patch - didn't work
- tried renaming the file folder - didn't work.

Also... I saw that someone else on the forum had issues with storage... My sims take from 800 to up to 1000MB under the task manager. Could that be the issue? (873,6 MB of storage?) ----> check the image bellow (sorry, it's in Slovene)

*PLEASE HELP* Household won't load? [SOLVED] Brez_n10

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Someone please help me. I was really excited to play the new Parenthood pack and now it ruined my whole game. :c
I am not sure what to do anymore.
Help would be really appreciated.

Have a great day! :)x

Back to top Go down

*PLEASE HELP* Household won't load? [SOLVED] Empty Re: *PLEASE HELP* Household won't load? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jun 2017, 16:33

Hello there,

You should do the endless loading fix here before you installed the Parenthood pack.

• Rename the Game folder to Game_ (or you can delete it)
  • Copy + Paste the Parenthood pack (not update patch) to your Sims 4 folder
  • Update to the latest version here.

Memory usage wise, that shouldn't be a problem. I just load my game and mine is 946.6MB. Also, try to move the saves/tray folder out to check if it's related to a corrupted save instead.

Back to top Go down

*PLEASE HELP* Household won't load? [SOLVED] Empty Re: *PLEASE HELP* Household won't load? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:01

I ended up deleting my game completely and I am currently re-downloading the game and expansion packs. I'll follow your steps and let you know if they worked.
Thank you very much. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 14:39

Ageha wrote:Hello there,

You should do the endless loading fix here before you installed the Parenthood pack.

Memory usage wise, that shouldn't be a problem. I just load my game and mine is 946.6MB. Also, try to move the saves/tray folder out to check if it's related to a corrupted save instead.

I only registered to the forum to say to you thanks ! You are a life saver  Haters gonna hate Changing folder name after installing Toddlers changed everythingg ! THank youu <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 15:01

Okay.... I ran into the problem.
I am currently re-installing the game. I am following carefully this guide https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly# and I am stuck at step 7.
I have only 1 game folder and I am not sure if I should rename it or not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 15:03

xEvilPanda wrote:

I am currently re-installing the game. I am following carefully this guide https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly# and I am stuck at step 7.
I renamed it then copy Parenthood files ( Two Game files one is new one is old but not the same name )Now endless screen problem solved but I can't make a vampire or any sorts, I think with that Toddlers pack was not fully shown for me. After you play, can you inform me also?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 15:07

jess24 wrote:
xEvilPanda wrote:

I renamed it then copy Parenthood files ( Two Game files one is new one is old but not the same name )Now endless screen problem solved but I can't make a vampire or any sorts, I think with that Toddlers pack was not fully shown for me. After you play, can you inform me also?
Wait, you renamed the only ''game'' folder in ''The sims 4'' ?
OH i undertstand... I am so stupid. I have to rename this folder so I can then paste the new one with the parenthood thing...
If you are having issues - did you try installing the fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 15:13

jess24 wrote:
xEvilPanda wrote:

I mean... Have you installed the 1-30-105-1010 update? If you didn't you should do it now... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 15:19

Actually the only problem i cant create a vampire but other than that everythings cool, enough for me haha Smile I think your problem is going to resolve, too after applying the update ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 15:21

Okay so I installed everything and I just ran the game...
It doesn't work,
I tried to load my household... And it kicked me back to the point where you have to select the city. So I picked Willow creek again and tried to load my family and it didn't work - it kicked me back to the neighborhood selection. >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 15:40

I FIXED IT. IT WORKS. Thanks to both of you ! <3 <3 <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 17:20

Hi @jess24 ,

Thank you but all praise should go to our wonderful The_gh0stm4n for the fix. But I'm glad to hear that the endless loading is solved on your side. Is your vampire pack still not showing up? When you open the sims, is the EP greyed out in the main menu? Try re-installing (copy+paste) the vampire update again and see if it appears. You should have 'Forgotten Hollows' in your map if it's installed correctly.

Hi @xEvilPanda ,
Glad to hear it's working now! Did you do a different step or an alternative solution to fix the households loading to the map problem? Or did installing the update fixes it?

I think I'll keep this topic open so Jess24 can check it and I can reply to her as well, if that's alright with you, xEvilPanda?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 18:52

@Ageha Hello ! ^^
I followed the installation instructions on your site and I realized that after I have renamed the folder, I forgot to paste into the ''The Sims 4'' folder the ''fix - the one that includes folder called ''game''.
After that I once again, copied files from parenthood and update folders - you know, just in case... Razz
My game works smoothly now and I haven't encountered any issues from the first minute I started playing the game. Smile

Oh and yes, of course, keep the topic open so Jess can check in. Smile

I really appreciate your help, thank you, once again. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 18:56

Thank you guys both , I had checked now and no problem whatsoever. 

Have a nice day to you both Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 19:15

I'm so happy to hear that both of you have got the game running now!
Feel free to open a new topic should you encounter any new bug/problems.
Happy Simming! 

Cheers! I tip my fedora.

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top