Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Startup Stopped. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Startup Stopped. [SOLVED] Empty Startup Stopped. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 03:20

I appreciate you guys providing us with the Get To Work expansion pack so fast. I was excited to jump right back into the game after applying it. However, now I can't play the game. I get a "Sims 4 has stopped working" error message when I try to start it up. I can't think of why though. I applied the expansion pack as instructed, moving the folders in the rar file that was received. I copied and pasted them in the Sims 4 directory in Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. I even tried moving out the mods folder. It still won't start up. Is there some other method I can try to get the game working?

Mentality 

//EDIT

Do I perhaps need to apply the ultimate fix with every new expansion that is released? I thought that once would be enough.

Mentality                                                                                                                                                       

Back to top Go down

Startup Stopped. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Startup Stopped. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 03:40

Mentality wrote:Do I perhaps need to apply the ultimate fix with every new expansion that is released? I thought that once would be enough.

Mentality

Admin wrote:=> NOTE: if you installed The Sims 4: Get to Work, you DO NOT NEED THIS ULTIMATE FIX, as installing the Get to Work expansion pack will automatically update your game to the (currently) latest game version! <=

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 03:44

Well then I'm stumped. Perhaps the download is being ruined by something like Malwarebytes? I did recently install it, as I recently had a big system infection.

Mentality

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 05:55

Do you have any mods or CC that may be out of date? Perhaps you should try removing them and restarting the game to see if that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 06:19

The problem continued even after I removed the mods SoSoBelle. But I did figure out what the problem was. It was Malwarebytes. It was detecting false positives and corrupting the download. I disabled it, applied the GTW expansion, added The Sims 4 folder to the exclusions list, and then reactivated it. Now the game is working and I am ready to dig in. To all the players out there, be sure to deactivate your malware software while downloading and applying the expansions and add The Sims 4 to the exclusions list. Very Happy

Mentality

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Apr 2015, 08:02

Mentality wrote:The problem continued even after I removed the mods SoSoBelle. But I did figure out what the problem was. It was Malwarebytes. It was detecting false positives and corrupting the download. I disabled it, applied the GTW expansion, added The Sims 4 folder to the exclusions list, and then reactivated it. Now the game is working and I am ready to dig in. To all the players out there, be sure to deactivate your malware software while downloading and applying the expansions and add The Sims 4 to the exclusions list. Very Happy

Mentality

Sorry for not getting back to you in time (it always gets a busy here, when new expansions are released). But you're absolutely right ! That's also the main message of my guide here.

Feel free to open a new thread anytime. Have fun ! the topic is closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top