Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"There was an error during startup" -.- [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"There was an error during startup" -.- [SOLVED] Empty "There was an error during startup" -.- [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 07:42

Hi, i've tried to download sims 3 expansions for my origin bought sims 3 base game and even after following the instructions given exactly, then when it failed to work, used Revo to uninstall and then re download everything and following the instructions again i still get the same error, i have no idea what to do, i've looked all over the web site and tried everything i could find and nothing has worked, please help
:newfag:

Back to top Go down

"There was an error during startup" -.- [SOLVED] Empty Re: "There was an error during startup" -.- [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Thu 29 Aug 2013, 07:50

Hello,

To fully understand your problem, I've got a few questions to ask you:

(1) Have you uninstalled an expansion/expansions before? If yes, please follow the tutorial below:

(2) Did you correctly apply the Ultimate Fix? Did you drag and drop the content of #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (Important!)?

(3) Did you uninstall the base game and expansion packs via Revo Uninstaller with the Advanced mode (so as to scan all of your folders to see if there is any remaining registry entries and files)?

Last edited by cat2006house on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 08:48; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

"There was an error during startup" -.- [SOLVED] Empty Re: "There was an error during startup" -.- [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 08:30

Hello

(1) i did and followed the tutorial 

(2) yes, i did exactly what here (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) said to do

(3)yep i used they advance mode

now you can probably tell why i am so confused

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 29 Aug 2013, 08:51

Broad wrote:Hello

(1) i did and followed the tutorial 

(2) yes, i did exactly what here (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) said to do

(3)yep i used they advance mode

now you can probably tell why i am so confused
Hello,

I suspect you applied the Ultimate Fix wrongly. Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (NOT ELECTRONIC ARTS FOLDER). Check to see if you have applied the content of the #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix (you only need this folder) there.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 09:27

Nope i've done it all correct, but i found a video guide witch said i need generations or town life installed(which i don't not wanting them and the written guide not saying i needed them) is it possible this is the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 29 Aug 2013, 09:32

Broad wrote:Nope i've done it all correct, but i found a video guide witch said i need generations or town life installed(which i don't not wanting them and the written guide not saying i needed them) is it possible this is the problem?
Hello,

Do you have any mods/CC?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 09:33

Nope

//EDIT

Been up all night trying to make this work its driving me mad

Helper Edit: No double-posting. The "Edit" button is served for additional information.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 29 Aug 2013, 09:38

Broad wrote:Nope
Hello,

I guess we should have a Teamviewer sesssion to check it out then. Teamviewer grants me right to temporarily control your computer. That way I can know where the cause of the problem is. Can you download Teamviewer from this site and give me ID and password in "Remote Control" tab via private message?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 15:49

Solved

Helper Edit: Problem solved via Teamviewer. Broad messed up with the installation of the expansions so "Error during Startup" pops up. Using Your Uninstaller Pro does the trick. Topic closed.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top