Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot play without Origin error. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot play without Origin error. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Cannot play without Origin error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 11:12

First topic message reminder :

I cannot understand what I am doing wrong. I followed every step, it's allowed in my firewall, I have no anti-virus program on my laptop currently so I skipped that step, and my window defender is off. I followed every step and still no luck. I had installed origin and it worked but none of the items and clothing were there so that sucked. System restored back before I installed everything and then reinstalled  sims 4, used with the current ultimate fix, then just the Get To Work EP but still no luck. Tried disconnecting the internet, no dice, turning windows defender on and off, no dice, it's included in my firewall exception list, and the firewall is disabled still not happening.

I really don't know what else to do sadly. I'm looking through the replies in the forum post below but I don't understand the part about letting the application connect. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

This is my last try before I just forget about it.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18133-sims-4-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-start-up

Back to top Go down

Cannot play without Origin error. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Cannot play without Origin error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 16:50

its still not working I think i am just going to give up on this GTW from G4TW. Do you guys know if you can make downloading these expansions just like downloading the sims 3 expansions from here?

Back to top Go down

Cannot play without Origin error. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Cannot play without Origin error. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Apr 2015, 23:05

robbiesinclair wrote:Well, I guess it won't work on my laptop. I literally done every single thing suggested multiple times. I tried the fix  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015 multiple times.

I guess I'll just play the sims 3. lol

Sorry to hear about your issues,

From my experience, the guide you linked to (and which I not only tested myself successfully, but on countless other people too) works *almost always*. Those cases that do not work often involve some "hidden" security software that the user is not aware of, or possibly some network restrictions: so that even if you allow the TS4.exe to communicate through the firewall, your network itself may be blocking the file. But I'll still have to see what is behind all of that.

Also note that the guide gets updated whenever new information is available. 

What I can also say from experience is that 9 out of 10 people have huge problems even in understanding the guide. This may sound arrogant to you, but it's an (uncomfortable ?) truth. And I have to admit myself: this guide is probably the hardest thing to do, from all available G4TW tutorials here.

In many cases, I then help out via TeamViewer, and mostly I manage to get the game working for people. But keep in mind that it is impossible for me to get back to all users on here, via TeamViewer. 

watson14kingjohn wrote:its still not working I think i am just going to give up on this GTW from G4TW. Do you guys know if you can make downloading these expansions just like downloading the sims 3 expansions from here?

Sorry, but what do you mean by that ? If you have problems with configuring your anti-virus program(s) and firewall(s), then the "format" of the download won't solve your problems either. And I actually find the way the downloads are for TS4 now, MUCH easier than the ones for TS3, but OK, that's just my view of things.

//EDIT

Indeed, if people really cannot get the game working, I often suggest that they let it be for the moment and do something else instead. And when they feel better, they should try again. There is no use in trying the guide "multiple times", as you will only make things worse. You keep on failing, and you will get more and more frustrated, up until the point that you most likely do something seriously wrong on your computer.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 05:12

Welp, so it works now. I have window's defender off and added the file locations to the cracks to it while it was off and added the .exe from the original sims 4 and the get to work pack to window's firewall. and i see that I was supposed to add it to the firewall before I cracked it. lol me. It works now so yay.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Apr 2015, 19:18

robbiesinclair wrote:Welp, so it works now. I have window's defender off and added the file locations to the cracks to it while it was off and added the .exe from the original sims 4 and the get to work pack to window's firewall. and i see that I was supposed to add it to the firewall before I cracked it. lol me. It works now so yay.

Nice to hear that - feel free to open a new thread anytime. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top