Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I close origin and play the sims 4. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I close origin and play the sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty How do I close origin and play the sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 07:03

I've read the threads and etc anyways, I'm confused... I have the original sims 4 game with origin and the disk... I downloaded y'alls get to work expansion and get together, I have to install them under program files(x86) origin games...etc.. y'all say to close origin and then play the game, BUT I can't because if I click on sims 4 icon it opens origin, and I can't hit play on the game unless I have origin opened, so what exactly do y'all mean by "close origin" When I tried to open the sims 4 through origin anyway it said I had to update my game and I can't play until I do. So how in the world do I play with these expansions? I ended up putting the original files back and taking the expansion files out until I figure this out, can someone please help me because I have searched the web over and over with no answers.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 19:05; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added screenshot)

Back to top Go down

How do I close origin and play the sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: How do I close origin and play the sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 07:55

Idk if the SS is showing up, I don't see it..whatever No shit, Sherlock.

Back to top Go down

How do I close origin and play the sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: How do I close origin and play the sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 11:28

There are hundreds, if not, thousands of articles on the web about this subject.
In fact it is fairly simple when you bear in mind that a mix of original + pirated expansions = a PIRATED game.
A pirated game and Origin are water and fire, so Origin must be avoided at all times.

As you already have undertaken certain steps, it makes things rather complicated.

In Origin disable the functions: Keep my game automatically updated  and also Load together with Windows (start up)
Make sure that Origin is not active or open on your machine when you want to play The Sims 4.

In every pirated expansion there is a crack (RldOrigin.dll in the folder The Sims 4 - Game - Bin) to circumvent Origin.
That file is regarded by most Anti-Virus programs as a virus (Trojan Horse)
The folder Bin must be added to the exclusions of your anti-virus.
64-bits Windows users don't have to worry about RldOrigin.dll because they use RldOrigin_x64.dll which is - don't ask me why - not regarded as a virus.

As soon as you start to extract your pirated downloads with Winrar, your AV will "jump" on it and try to disable RldOrigin.dll.
So, before extracting the download, make sure your AV is switched off.
Good chance that in your case your AV already "destroyed" the RldOrigin.dll, causing the Origin-error. In that case go back to the Winrar-download - switch off your AV - extract again.
As you already have excluded the Bin folder in your AV, you can now safely copy/paste the folders over to your installation-folder in Program Files.

Problem with original games: Your installation folder is in Program Files(x64) - Origin Games. Cut the folder The Sims 4 and copy it directly into Program Files(x64).
Now, once again, RldOrigin.dll is under attack by your AV, the new destination is not as yet in your exclusions of the AV
When cut/copied to Program Files(x64) - The Sims 4, you must again add the new folder Bin in your exclusions of your AV
Now, again, switch off your AV, extract the download again and copy the folders over to your new installation folder Program Files(x86) - The Sims 4.
Make new shortcuts of the files TS4.exe (32 bits windows) and/or TS4_x64.exe (64 bits windows) to your desktop.

Now you can activate your AV and play the first time as an ADMINISTRATOR. (Rightclick on the shortcut and select Run as administrator)
When you select another language you must also run as admin the first time you changed a language.

Summary of how you should have done it the first time:
When you install pirated expansions to your original games:
1. Make sure Origin doesnt automatically update or starts together with Windows
2. Move the folder The Sims 4 from Program Files(x86) - Origin games to Program Files(86) (move, not copy)
3. Add the folder Bin (Program Files(x86) - The Sims 4 - Game - Bin) to the exclusions of your AV
4. Swich off your AV
5. Extract the download with Winrar, copy/paste the folders to Program Files(x86) - The Sims 4
6. Make new shortcuts of TS4.exe and/or TS4_x64. exe on your desktop.
7. Make sure that Origin is not active or open on your machine
8. Start the game the first time as an Administrator.
9. Activate your AV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 19:39

Tarac wrote:There are hundreds, if not, thousands of articles on the web about this subject.
In fact it is fairly simple when you bear in mind that a mix of original + pirated expansions = a PIRATED game.
A pirated game and Origin are water and fire, so Origin must be avoided at all times.

As you already have undertaken certain steps, it makes things rather complicated.

In Origin disable the functions: Keep my game automatically updated  and also Load together with Windows (start up)
Make sure that Origin is not active or open on your machine when you want to play The Sims 4.

In every pirated expansion there is a crack (RldOrigin.dll in the folder The Sims 4 - Game - Bin) to circumvent Origin.
That file is regarded by most Anti-Virus programs as a virus (Trojan Horse)
The folder Bin must be added to the exclusions of your anti-virus.
64-bits Windows users don't have to worry about RldOrigin.dll because they use RldOrigin_x64.dll which is - don't ask me why - not regarded as a virus.

As soon as you start to extract your pirated downloads with Winrar, your AV will "jump" on it and try to disable RldOrigin.dll.
So, before extracting the download, make sure your AV is switched off.
Good chance that in your case your AV already "destroyed" the RldOrigin.dll, causing the Origin-error. In that case go back to the Winrar-download - switch off your AV - extract again.
As you already have excluded the Bin folder in your AV, you can now safely copy/paste the folders over to your installation-folder in Program Files.

Problem with original games: Your installation folder is in Program Files(x64) - Origin Games. Cut the folder The Sims 4 and copy it directly into Program Files(x64).
Now, once again, RldOrigin.dll is under attack by your AV, the new destination is not as yet in your exclusions of the AV
When cut/copied to Program Files(x64) - The Sims 4, you must again add the new folder Bin in your exclusions of your AV
Now, again, switch off your AV, extract the download again and copy the folders over to your new installation folder Program Files(x86) - The Sims 4.
Make new shortcuts of the files TS4.exe (32 bits windows) and/or TS4_x64.exe (64 bits windows) to your desktop.

Now you can activate your AV and play the first time as an ADMINISTRATOR. (Rightclick on the shortcut and select Run as administrator)
When you select another language you must also run as admin the first time you changed a language.

Summary of how you should have done it the first time:
When you install pirated expansions to your original games:
1. Make sure Origin doesnt automatically update or starts together with Windows
2. Move the folder The Sims 4 from Program Files(x86) - Origin games to Program Files(86) (move, not copy)
3. Add the folder Bin (Program Files(x86) - The Sims 4 - Game - Bin) to the exclusions of your AV
4. Swich off your AV
5. Extract the download with Winrar, copy/paste the folders to Program Files(x86) - The Sims 4
6. Make new shortcuts of TS4.exe and/or TS4_x64. exe on your desktop.
7. Make sure that Origin is not active or open on your machine
8. Start the game the first time as an Administrator.
9. Activate your AV
I've done everything you has mentioned, and my AVG didnt remove the file it was added to my exception, but when I try to start the game at all, even the way you suggested it says "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. [d6f91ffb:29f00e76:00000000:00000000"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 19:46

Go to the folder Documents - Electronic Arts - Sims 4
Remove the file GameVersion.ini
Play the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 19:53

Tarac wrote:Go to the folder Documents - Electronic Arts - Sims 4
Remove the file GameVersion.ini
Play the game

See this was my problem all along, I did everything else correctly which is why nothing was helping me THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again, if you need more help with anything we can help with ! Until then, have fun. Smile

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top