Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DONT KNOW WHERE TO PUT FILES

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DONT KNOW WHERE TO PUT FILES Empty DONT KNOW WHERE TO PUT FILES

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 21:44

I directed the torrent to my sims 4 file in electronic arts but there's just a winrar file sitting in my sims 4 folder, where do each of the specific folders and files go please please help btw this is for the Get to work expansion. https://i.servimg.com/u/f19/19/19/05/00/screen10.jpg  screenshot of my sims 4 folder

//EDIT

please help me

Back to top Go down

DONT KNOW WHERE TO PUT FILES Empty Re: DONT KNOW WHERE TO PUT FILES

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 19:24

The Sims 4 GTW was not supposed to be downloaded and placed in to your Sims 4 folder. Move the Sims 4 Get To Work.rar to your desktop or another spot in your computer like downloads, etc. You need to open The Sims 4 GTW.rar and move all of the folders into C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4. Just copy everything in that folder except the installation Guide, and replace all to there. Start the game and everything should work fine. If you have a problem, post back here. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Apr 2015, 19:25

Gemmarh wrote:I directed the torrent to my sims 4 file in electronic arts but there's just a winrar file sitting in my sims 4 folder, where do each of the specific folders and files go please please help btw this is for the Get to work expansion. https://i.servimg.com/u/f19/19/19/05/00/screen10.jpg  screenshot of my sims 4 folder

//EDIT

please help me

Hello and welcome,

Please be patient. You cannot expect us or anybody else to get back to messages right after they show up. Smile  That said, you are not supposed to direct the torrent into the sims 4 folder. You need to open the .RAR download with the program WinRAR (which you can get here, and install instructions are included). After that, extract ALL contents of the .RAR, into an empty folder. And next, you go to the folder with the extracted content and COPY all the stuff. Then you paste them into your game install location, replacing all of the original files. There are also instructions included, in the .RAR file, on how to apply the update.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top